Stock Rooted Froyo OTA Release

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
No not really. Deodexed means you can modify the system files for themes or addons to the gui. Other than that it affects nothing.

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
NO! Try clearing your cache/data folder IE factory reset and see what happens. Last I checked VZNav was pay per month kind of thing!

trock70

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
ok so it's not an exact 28 days but close. I am referring to the first leaked "OTA" and this current one. I guess it's just me. ****Oddball here****

Trea

Jul 5, 2010
Visit site
I installed the new version over the 8/1 leak, but when looking at my software info it still shows I have the 2.05 radio. Where did I go wrong?

Thanks in advance.

_JKK_

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
I installed the new version over the 8/1 leak, but when looking at my software info it still shows I have the 2.05 radio. Where did I go wrong?

Thanks in advance.

It doesn't update your radio, as it is just a ROM. You have to update it manually.

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Thanks so much.

here ya go:
[Baseband Radio] 2.15.00.07.28 discussion - xda-developers

On the first post there is a link to the PB31Img.zip.

Read everything about installation. Assuming you have you can now place it on your sdcard and follow them, you have to be unRevoked installs like any other PB31IMG.zip file. Don't try to flash it with ROM Manager or from recovery let hboot take care of it. Soon you will have the 2.15 radio.

Trea

Jul 5, 2010
Visit site
Thanks again, it installed without a hitch. I was just confused as I assumed that the ROM would install the radio update as well. I know better now thanks to you guys.

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Thanks again, it installed without a hitch. I was just confused as I assumed that the ROM would install the radio update as well. I know better now thanks to you guys.

No problem Trea. BTW using the s-off it should have installed the 2.15 radio. That was the update with 2.15 right?! I don't really remember maybe someone who does will come up with the answer. Either way glad you got it working!

beef5stew

Apr 9, 2010
Visit site
Okay, this is a bit weird...I've been searching the boards for someone with a similar issue but haven't found one.

I installed this version on my phone 1.5 weeks ago after rooting the phone. It's working great, but when I use the "stock" audio player, any MP3 I play that does not have artwork included shows a picture of some guy I don't know in a car. Before this update, it just showed the two music notes where the album cover used to be.

Has anyone else seen this or know how I can remove this dude's picture?

beef5stew

Apr 9, 2010
Visit site
Oh, and looking into it, all the music is listed as having the album "Music"..is there some place where default album art is saved?

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Try going into menu --> settings --> applications --> manage applications

Find "Media Storage" and click on it. It will show you some information about it, click the 'clear data' button. That may clear your cached art work etc.