Stock Rooted Froyo OTA Release

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
For you guys who aren't aware the Stock OTA Froyo has been rooted and deodexed. Just figure I would give a heads up!

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=765930

ROM Details:
Completely unmodified (odexed version) and sourced from RUU_Incredible_C_Froyo_VERIZON_WWE_3.21.605.1_Radi o_2.15.00.07.28_2k4k_NV_1.50_PRL58006_release_1433 51_signed.exe.

Includes all system components and full boot image.

Rooted with Superuser 2.3.4.

Nothing removed, odexed and deodexed+zipaligned versions both available here. Thanks to brucekey/deficitism for the deodexed version.

Installation:
You must be rooted, have nand unlocked and be running a 2.x radio. Follow dadicus' guide for details on how to perform these steps.

Perform a nandroid backup of your current ROM, in case you change your mind or encounter issues.

Apply the zip via Clockwork Recovery. It has not been tested with any other recovery.

If you are coming from another completely stock ROM (i.e. Sense 2.1 or 2.2), you may not have to wipe data. I obviously recommend wiping data (since it will eliminate any possibly bad/stale configuration), but the update script will not do so automatically during installation. Use your best judgement to determine what works best for you.

Last edited:

NoobTube

May 5, 2010
Visit site
For you guys who aren't aware the Stock OTA Froyo has been rooted and deodexed. Just figure I would give a heads up!

[ROM] Incredible Froyo 3.21.605.1 *Likely-to-be Official OTA* (100% stock, rooted) - xda-developers

Thanks, I was just reading that...are you doing anything with this. I have asked in like 5 different threads about hboot. I am .79 does that mean anything? i saw the OTA is .92...and if I wait for a cooked rom based off of this will it flash the hboot and radio too?

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
No this is merely the ROM striped out of the RUU, deodexed and rooted. Hboot doesn't really matter. If you are already running a 2.x radio this ROM will run fine. All it is, is the OTA completely stock with busybox and root.

I plan on taking this, like I tried on SR, and striping it down to a vanilla install. Then all will be well. That way I don't have all the customized skyraider robots etc. If you get the deodexed one you can install themes etc on it and whatever else you want. Think of this as the ground work. I'm going to cook my own ROM since it seems to me that SR just isn't doing it.

Now hopefully Cyanogen can release a really nice pure vanilla rom!!!

Ok installing now, should have this thing cleaned up and running nice in a few hours! Can't wait!

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Yeah just got it swapped to vanilla! Success. Now I can start looking into performance and finish cleaning it up a bit and I'll have my own ROM ;)

apaq

May 30, 2010
Visit site
Yeah just got it swapped to vanilla! Success. Now I can start looking into performance and finish cleaning it up a bit and I'll have my own ROM ;)

Cant wait to try this out.

Going to Flash the OTA. but when you are done with Vanilla, I will try Vanilla for the first time.

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Now I just need to be able to remove vz navigator, and amazon mp3.

It's easy. Boot into recovery and mount the /system partition. Then issue the command......

adb shell rm /system/app/VzNav.apk
adb shell rm /system/app/amazonmp3.apk

Done!

Cant wait to try this out.

Going to Flash the OTA. but when you are done with Vanilla, I will try Vanilla for the first time.

I have a removal script that removes everything and makes it Vanilla. It's batch files for windows instead of a flashed zip file. That way I can change the things it removes easily etc. I could package it up and give some directions. It removes WAY more stuff than the removal script that's out and about. Not to mention it leave in the good stuff like the deskclock and other odds and ends everyone always removes. Still working the bugs out of it though. After running it so far I've got 35's in linpack and 1250's in quadrant. All on the stock rom with no OC. In the process of putting the King kernel #1 BFS on there to boost me back to where I think it should be, a 1.113 OC. Overall I'm VERY happy with the progress of it all.

randytho

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I think I was stupid...again

Ok guys don't flame me just help me k? :p I of course being the patient man that I am...installed the RUU_Incredible_C_Froyo_VERIZON_WWE_3.21.605.1_Radi o_2.15.00.07.28_2k4k_NV_1.50_PRL58006_release_1433 51_signed.exe as soon as it hit the boards early today. Works great..however I now of course no longer have root ...I DID however make sure to install s-off before I did the rom flash...now the big question...how in the heck do I get root back? :p

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
If you have s-off it will allow you to flash clockworkmod back onto it. Download clockworkmod and name it update.zip. After you get clockworkmod installed download and install a rooted rom.

Should have waited.....

Just an update got everything cleaned up, got BFS #1 installed running well!!

Linpack: 38.7
Quadrant: 1432
Neocore: 26.9 FPS

Running a 1.113 OC on the kernel. Didn't take much work at all really. I've had a few requests now about cooking this into a ROM for you guys. Not sure quite frankly how I feel about doing that as it adds more work to me because people will expect support. I will look into it more tomorrow but right now I'm happy as all heck. Wonder what exactly is different from this and SKyraider 2.5.2, the official does score higher on tests....humm.

Last edited:

bigslam123

May 3, 2010
Visit site
It's easy. Boot into recovery and mount the /system partition. Then issue the command......

adb shell rm /system/app/VzNav.apk
adb shell rm /system/app/amazonmp3.apk

Done!

I have a removal script that removes everything and makes it Vanilla. It's batch files for windows instead of a flashed zip file. That way I can change the things it removes easily etc. I could package it up and give some directions. It removes WAY more stuff than the removal script that's out and about. Not to mention it leave in the good stuff like the deskclock and other odds and ends everyone always removes. Still working the bugs out of it though. After running it so far I've got 35's in linpack and 1250's in quadrant. All on the stock rom with no OC. In the process of putting the King kernel #1 BFS on there to boost me back to where I think it should be, a 1.113 OC. Overall I'm VERY happy with the progress of it all.

no such file or directory for VzNav.apk

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
You have to be booted into clockworkrecovery and have the /system partition mounted. I know that is correct because that's straight from one of my batch scripts. Remember the phone is case sensitive so if it's upper case it has to be upper case.

randytho

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
should have waited....

If you have s-off it will allow you to flash clockworkmod back onto it. Download clockworkmod and name it update.zip. After you get clockworkmod installed download and install a rooted rom.

Should have waited.....

Just an update got everything cleaned up, got BFS #1 installed running well!!

Linpack: 38.7
Quadrant: 1432
Neocore: 26.9 FPS

Running a 1.113 OC on the kernel. Didn't take much work at all really. I've had a few requests now about cooking this into a ROM for you guys. Not sure quite frankly how I feel about doing that as it adds more work to me because people will expect support. I will look into it more tomorrow but right now I'm happy as all heck. Wonder what exactly is different from this and SKyraider 2.5.2, the official does score higher on tests....humm.

"Should have waited....." hence the "stupid ...again" in my orginal post header.. grin and thanks for the answer ;)

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
"Should have waited....." hence the "stupid ...again" in my orginal post header.. grin and thanks for the answer ;)

lol NP, in this community there are two things you can always bank on...."There is one in every crowd" (not sure if you have heard that before ;)), and the speed of rooted ROMs showing up!

bigslam123

May 3, 2010
Visit site
You have to be booted into clockworkrecovery and have the /system partition mounted. I know that is correct because that's straight from one of my batch scripts. Remember the phone is case sensitive so if it's upper case it has to be upper case.

I did it right. Even though I got the error message the app was removed.

Ken_FSU

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
I know it's early, but do you guys think this 100% version of Froyo is significantly better than the one that leaked a few weeks ago? I've got my phone set up exactly the way that I like it, so I'm a little hesitant to switch over to the final version without a somewhat compelling reason to do so.

sloan31

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Sweet, I can't wait to flash this.

Also, I wonder will we see better battery life with BFS #1. I'll probably give it a shot.

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
I haven't decided if BFS has bettery battery life yet. However if all results from the #1 / #2 regular king kernels shows anything it should have improved.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith