Need help

NoobTube

May 5, 2010
Visit site
I cannot believe I have such bad luck

nah not luck...should have researched more, honestly some of these programs made this stuff to easy...I am pretty tech saavy and I spent 25+ hours reading on this stuff and I still had some panic/screw up moments. your phone IS NOT bricked I am just not a super expert...if you can track down Qazme on one of these threads he probably has some other info that I dont.

NoobTube

May 5, 2010
Visit site
well you should read...but from what I understand it is an exe you need to run it...scroll all the way down and extraxt the file named rom.zip buy throwing on your desktop rename it pb31img and throw it on your sd, that should do radio, hboot, system, and kernel

Wicked96ta

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
nah not luck...should have researched more, honestly some of these programs made this stuff to easy...I am pretty tech saavy and I spent 25+ hours reading on this stuff and I still had some panic/screw up moments. your phone IS NOT bricked I am just not a super expert...if you can track down Qazme on one of these threads he probably has some other info that I dont.

Yeah normally I can do this type of stuff, just wish I had done the backup first.

NoobTube

May 5, 2010
Visit site
Rename it pb31img put on sd and hboot... I'm really guessing now... you may be better off putting it down until tomorrow when you can get someone more knowledgeable on here

Wicked96ta

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
Rename it pb31img put on sd and hboot... I'm really guessing now... you may be better off putting it down until tomorrow when you can get someone more knowledgeable on here

Yeah I guess I will have to do that. I PM'd Qazme, hopefully he can help me out too. Thanks for all the help. Lol this was a valuable lesson.

NoobTube

May 5, 2010
Visit site
No problem... I was really hoping to get you up and running.. you will be fine... just make sure you read until you think you got it down then read some more.. and follow instructions.. good luck

NoobTube

May 5, 2010
Visit site
Maybe.. it doesn't seem to be recognizing it but you can see the files from clockwork so I don't think so are you sure its fat32

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Ok for those of you who really don't know what you are telling people to do please stop. You end up putting them in a place they don't need to be. I know you are just trying to help but he honestly doesn't need to unroot etc to get his phone back working.

For anyone who didn't want to read here are the steps you should have done.

#1. Download Install Android SDK -- with drivers.
#2. Make sure the phone is recognized in Windows.
#3. Use unRevoked 3.1 and root the phone / install the custom recovery.
#4. It will boot your phone into recovery.
#5. MAKE A NANDROID BACKUP BEFORE DOING ANYTHING!!!!

Now we are ready to play with kernels, roms, and modifications.

Now as far as your phone not working with the kernels. Did you follow hydra's instructions on finding a kernel that works?

You want to start with #1 and work your way to #4 until you find one that's stable. So you want to try, in this order, #1 , #2, http://hydrakernel.net/kernels/hydra_ocuv2_v10_signed.zip, http://hydrakernel.net/kernels/hydra_ocuv2_ov_v10_signed.zip. If none are stable you want to try the stock speed undervolt.

Now if you have worked your way all the way back down to the stock speed undervolt and your phone is still stuck in a boot loop then you have an incompatibility with your phone. This could be understood from reading. For instance they warn if you are running Froyo, 2.x radio, .79 hboot, 2.63 kernel you are ok, however you will have stability issues if running Froyo, 2.x radio, .79 hboot, 1.x kernel.......

So now the big question are you running Froyo or Eclaire? What radio version and what kernel?

The plainest simple answer to this issue would be to assume you have the right mix of conditions and simply have a kernel that isn't working. So lets fix it.

#1. Download the Stock speed undervolt hydra kernel. This works on every phone.
#2. Pull your battery.
#3. Put in the battery reboot into hboot by pressing volume down + power.
#4. Select recovery.
#5. mount usb storage, this allows windows to see your sdcard so we can copy and paste the kernel over to it.
#6. Copy the kernel over.
#7. Unmount usb storage by backing out of the menu in recovery.
#8. Install zip from sdcard like you did with the other kernels.
#9. Reboot the phone.
#10. Keep trying until you find a kernel your phone likes.

Now, next time read. If you would have made a nandroid backup of your phone before starting any of this it would have been a matter of restoring the backup and trying a different kernel.

Now with all this being said, if you are running 2.1 or 2.2 you have an incredibly simple way to fix this and get yourself a stock image!! You lucked up ;)

Stock 2.1 ROM w/ root access.
Stock 2.2 ROM w/ root access.

Boot into recovery do the mount usb storage place whatever file you chose onto the sdcard. Install from zip in the menu, install ROM of choice. Then once booted and verified it works make a nandroid backup BEFORE doing anything else.

Hopefully this gets you back running. If you have any questions ask away!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol