Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Need help

Hey everyone, last night I tried rooting my phone using unrevoked and everything was working fine until I tried using Hydra's kernel. Now my phone is stuck in a boot loop. It will just show the HTC green and white screen and then it goes to the verizon screen and then starts again with the HTC screen. Please help me fix this.

Global Posts
    599 Global Posts

boot into recovery and flash another kernel

Its OK to pull the battery on a kernel boot loop.. read hydras site... my phone had boot loop with all the hydras.. try the kingxclicks

Global Posts
    2,956 Global Posts
    ROM
    Bugless Beast 4.1.1

Get the king #1 BFS kernel. Boot into recovery mount sd storage. Once it pops up copy it over to your SD card. Unmount sd storage. Flash the kernel, be happy.
    The Storm has cleared to an Incredible day! I ate an IceCream Sandwhich. Still needed JellyBeans. ;-)
    NEXUS!!!!!!
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

I've tried other Hydra kernels and one from King. Still same thing. I put the new zip on my memory card and go to recovery and once I'm done it's still the same loop.

Tried all of these and same thing

Last edited by Wicked96ta; 08-27-2010 at 07:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wicked96ta View Post
    I've tried other Hydra kernels and one from King. Still same thing. I put the new zip on my memory card and go to recovery and once I'm done it's still the same loop.
    Did you try the stock hydra :

If that doesnt work you will have to do a nandroid restore and you will be back to rom stock
    Now Rocking the Moto Razr Maxx HD ... Ahhh no longer a slave to the carger overlords
    Verizon Nexus..For Real?..Silly! ... Loved it but the Power Button Broke
    My Incredible...Insensitive Minimalist 2.3.1...Radio: 07.07...S-OFF
    My WiFi Xoom - Box Stock
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Quote Originally Posted by NoobTube View Post
    Did you try the stock hydra :

If that doesnt work you will have to do a nandroid restore and you will be back to rom stock
    How do I do the the nandroid restore? Been at this all day

How do I do the the nandroid restore? Been at this all day
    the first question would be did you do a nandroid back up...if you did then hboot(power vol down)->recovery->nandroid->restore->you should have a list of dates to choose from, pick the newest
    Now Rocking the Moto Razr Maxx HD ... Ahhh no longer a slave to the carger overlords
    My WiFi Xoom - Box Stock
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Quote Originally Posted by NoobTube View Post
    the first question would be did you do a nandroid back up...if you did then hboot(power vol down)->recovery->nandroid->restore->you should have a list of dates to choose from, pick the newest

Ummm say I didnt make a back up, am I screwed?

you should have at least one...did you look in the nandroid menu...what rom are you on?
    My WiFi Xoom - Box Stock
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Yes i did look in there and there is nothing. I am running the stock rom. All I did was use unrevoked to root and tried installing a kernel from hydra and that's when the boot loop started.

Yes i did look in there and there is nothing. I am running the stock rom. All I did was use unrevoked to root and tried installing a kernel from hydra and that's when the boot loop started.
    are you running froyo?
    My WiFi Xoom - Box Stock
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

No, regular 2.1

try this kernel

My WiFi Xoom - Box Stock
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

Not working either, same boot loop.

Go here and download the stock kernel...

support page..READ and click "here"
    My WiFi Xoom - Box Stock
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  

Now it keeps getting stuck on the HTC Incredible screen, the first one.

BTW, I really do appreciate you taking time to help me.

What do you mean "keeps"? It gets stuck and you turn it off or pull the battery?

Good news is you are not bricked, bad news is I am not quite sure where to go from here. give me a few minutes

You are very welcome, I am helping you as others helped me...but PLEASE please READ READ READ you will save yourself alot of stress
    My WiFi Xoom - Box Stock

last resort is always to undo root...not sure what you will lose since you did not use nandroid or titanium back up but your phone will work,

scroll to the bottom of this like and FOLLOW instructions to undo root...then follow his instructions (they are very good for beginners) to root again or anything else you want to do

you are probably getting boot loop B/C you are putting a froyo kernel on an eclair rom w/ a stock 1.xx radio
    My WiFi Xoom - Box Stock
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #20  

I know, I'm trying other forums to see if there is anyone who had the same issue as me. What I do is that if I get stuck in a boot loop or a freeze I have to do a battery pull. I am using my brother's Eris to put the zip files on my SD card because because my phone will not connect, and then once I'm done copying and pasting the zip, I put the SD card back in my phone. Then I hold down Vol down and power key. Everything was fine when I rooted with unrevoked, it was until I tried installing the Hydra kernel that everything went haywire. I never installed a custom rom or anything like that.

quick questions, did you try the kernel from the link I posted from the support tab? or the kernel tab?
    My WiFi Xoom - Box Stock
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #22  

Yes I tried all the ones you posted or suggested. The stock one froze at the first boot screen. All the other kernels would just boot loop.

then you may have to unroot..you will keep info on sd but lose apps possibly
    My WiFi Xoom - Box Stock
  24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #24  

I have no problem with that but I downloaded the unroot file in the link you posted but when I choose it in clockwork recovery from my SD card nothing happens.

i am shocked this kernel didnt work...

My WiFi Xoom - Box Stock
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast