CM6 stable is out

_JKK_

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
Wow, kind of dissapointed that it is buggy. :(

Ah well. Maybe Qazme will give us the scripts to remove Sense. Or just release a ROM to people who won't complain :D

Phoenix111

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Question, I have unrevoked3 and forever to get s off, I installed RUU and then re-aquired root. The RUU have me a 2.15 radio, but I never manually updated the radio. Can I flash custom roms on my phone now?

NoobTube

May 5, 2010
Visit site
Question, I have unrevoked3 and forever to get s off, I installed RUU and then re-aquired root. The RUU have me a 2.15 radio, but I never manually updated the radio. Can I flash custom roms on my phone now?

Yes you can, make sure you are well informed before you do. Here is a link scroll towards the bottom to the flashing roms section. Make sure you always do a nandroid backup and use titanium backup for your apps, because you will need to do a wipe before you flash...If you download ROM manager from the market it will make it much easier.

Howto: Root the HTC Droid Incredible - Technology - Jonamerica.com

PS if you use rom manager then you will not be doing these steps but from rom manager click flash clockwork mod->install rom->then make sure you check both boxes (backup and clear)

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Wow, kind of dissapointed that it is buggy. :(

Ah well. Maybe Qazme will give us the scripts to remove Sense. Or just release a ROM to people who won't complain :D

Well that's just it. There is nothing "special" about my scripts. It's something you can do through ADB it just takes a good bit of time. I'm still debating putting it into the wild because of the number of people who complain. It's easier for me not to hear it, especially with the number of people who don't read anything!!

And on a side note, CM6 is not working. It freezed on boot or shortly after. Becomes unresponsive and doesn't respond to anything but a battery pull. I hope he gets it turned around with a fix asap I SOOOOOOO want to use it!! True vanilla from an aosp build!

_JKK_

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
Well, yeah I suppose you are right. And I do understand why you wouldn't want to release. I've done some iOS theming in my days; not much more than a giant headache when it is all said and done.

Anyways, I think I'll stick to what I have now, until Skyraider 3 Vanilla is out (tomorrow!) because I do prefer Stock.

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
There have been a few reports of people flashing back to 2.1 factory, rerooting, installing the 2.15 radio and then doing CM6 and it has worked. I'm working on flashing my phone back now going to give that a try a see what happens.

When you flash the OTA 2.2 it partitions your drives funny and adds a small partition in there with the modem drivers for the inc etc. Kind of wondering if maybe his storage fix is affected by it and causing the issue. Going to find to soon enough! Keep you guys posted.

*update*
Negative flashed back totally factory fresh. Redid root, updated the radio, flashed CM6, and got conditions worse than last time. Even wiped the cache / data twice to make sure it was all gone. It's a no go folks.

Last edited:

@dafaz

May 13, 2010
Visit site
CM6 by itself seems stable, but when I installed the Google Apps, that's when I started having problems. Lots of rebooting and FC's...

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
CM6 by itself seems stable, but when I installed the Google Apps, that's when I started having problems. Lots of rebooting and FC's...

Yeah even if you have a stable phone it makes it pretty useless to a lot of people to not be able to use Gapps. FWIW no matter how I installed it my phone wasn't stable.

Execute

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone heard any kind of update from Koush or cyanogen about this? I haven't really even heard of them acknowledging it :( I'm just hoping it gets fixed as I'm really looking forward to this ROM!

Also, people have been reporting the ROM running fine if you set the clock speed to 998max and 348min.

NoobTube

May 5, 2010
Visit site
I think he put out a minor update, but it has alot more issues then OCing..I was looking forward too but there is a lot of work to be done on it. I will wait till I see some good info on it...In the meantime I am running SR RC3 just out today...its pretty darn good but it is a sense rom.

NoobTube

May 5, 2010
Visit site
https://twitter.com/clockworkmod/status/22462476616

Yeah he says CM 6.0.1 should be coming along shortly! Hopefully this fixes all the madness. I gave SR 3.0 RC3 a try. Still no good, it feels highly bloated to me, maybe a recourse from using Vanilla for so long now!

Cant wait to try that...Personally i like RC3, it is better then RC2 and I have only really used sense roms, and I think this is the best sense rom I have used.

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
I'm not too wild about RC3 and I'll tell you why. His roms REALLY gained my trust with 2.5.2 vanilla. It was optimized had all the garbage apps removed including facebook, VZ Sync etc. I install RC3 and it has all that crap installed, I can handle sense and the things it has to have but honestly?? I think he should have kept the momentum he was using and released all the social network stuff in a package you could install if you wanted it. Didn't add in his font on the notification bar, so ugly, and left a stock kernel on it.

Why? Well when I look at a ROM I want bear basics. Nothing there but what has to be there to make the phone function properly. I want to add the kernel I want, the apps I want, and the customizations to the UI I want. I don't want your stuff.....bottom line is I think he lost his way sometime between 2.5.2 and 3.0. It works great for some and I applaud him for his efforts for those people, much like yourself. Bottom line is before I'll install his ROM and have to remove things I'll do it on my own nice clean, android ROM.

Hopefully when / if he releases a vanilla version it will be without all that other stuff. CM 6.0.1 here hoping to a better day!

bespinct

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Its odd that there appear to be so many having issues. I have been using CyanogenMod RC3 since shortly after it was available in ROM Manager without any problem...I am surprised that it would be so different.

I'm gonna give it a try anyway and share my experience.

Steve in CT

Sent from my Incredible using Tapatalk

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Its odd that there appear to be so many having issues. I have been using CyanogenMod RC3 since shortly after it was available in ROM Manager without any problem...I am surprised that it would be so different.

I'm gonna give it a try anyway and share my experience.

Steve in CT

Sent from my Incredible using Tapatalk

It's not odd, Koush has acknowledged there is an issue in the ROM for 6.0 Stable. He is pushing out a fix. I was suprised myself to see issues like this because after all RC3 was pretty good just missing a few items. I figured it would be the same ROM with the missing items, internal storage mounting / camcorder etc, working. Go figure. Guess we will find out later today!

*Edit*
6.0.1 is now in ROM manager. I'll report back soon!

Last edited:

NoobTube

May 5, 2010
Visit site
*Edit*
6.0.1 is now in ROM manager. I'll report back soon!

Let me know how it is...also if you could give me a solid answer on this I would appreciate it. My biggest gripe I have found with a vanilla ROM is the message folder w/sense...is there any way to keep visual voice mail in a folder with my texts so I can have 1 icon in my dock on launcher pro?

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Let me know how it is...also if you could give me a solid answer on this I would appreciate it. My biggest gripe I have found with a vanilla ROM is the message folder w/sense...is there any way to keep visual voice mail in a folder with my texts so I can have 1 icon in my dock on launcher pro?

Ok it boots and hasn't locked yet, except for when I tried to push the OC to 1.15. It locked up then, and also the kernel isn't detecting any speeds between 998 and 1.15. Going to flash the King BFS #1 again and see if that potentially fixes it.

So far it's running great. It locked up on me running Quadrant, but like I said I had pushed the OC out there a good ways. Incredibly clean ROM, but does have twitter and Amazon MP3 installed which shouldn't be an issue what so ever.

As far as one icon for everything I'm not sure. I keep two icons because of Google Voice and SMS/MMS so I like it that way. I'm sure someone will come along that can answer that however.

So far under testing:
Camera works.
Camcorder works.
SD Storage works.
Internal storage works.
Linpack = 37's @ 1.15 / not stable here though on my phone
Quadrant crashed my phone / in the process or changing speeds now.

Last edited:

NoobTube

May 5, 2010
Visit site
Ok it boots and hasn't locked yet, except for when I tried to push the OC to 1.15. It locked up then, and also the kernel isn't detecting any speeds between 998 and 1.15. Going to flash the King BFS #1 again and see if that potentially fixes it.

So far it's running great. It locked up on me running Quadrant, but like I said I had pushed the OC out there a good ways. Incredibly clean ROM, but does have twitter and Amazon MP3 installed which shouldn't be an issue what so ever.

As far as one icon for everything I'm not sure. I keep two icons because of Google Voice and SMS/MMS so I like it that way. I'm sure someone will come along that can answer that however.

alright I am loading it up now...mainly cause I flashed espresso on to SR RC3 and it ramshackled my phone so Im giving cm6 a shot