- 08-30-2010, 09:30 PM #2
Okay...so...to check my math as it were:
1. Download unrevoked3 and open it.
2. In Settings>Applications>Development select USB debugging and plug phone into computer. It will ask for the drivers, which is what the Unrevoked3 files are...install drivers if you need to available at
3. Use Unrevokedforever to set s-off (Back up files with Titanium Backup and store on PC for later use.)
4. Flash pb31IMG.zip to put your phone in stock recovery.
5. wait for OTA, or install the leak. (what if you want to install another rom?) I read that you need to install htc sync to be able to run this. the RUU will load the stock 2.2 rom 2.15 radio that is needed.
6. Upon receiving OTA, flash Clockwork Mod to the phone via HBOOT (using a PB31IMG.zip containing it--available at
7. Put the following files on your sdcard: and using clockwork mod to extract them in hboot.
You should now have a rooted phone that has Froyo...I hope I have all the steps right...someone tell me if I don't. I have been searching the web and have about 3 different versions of how to root your DInc...there seems to be a point of information overload and confusion. This is mostly taken from the forum at XDA-developers.com.
- 09-01-2010, 06:42 AM #5
The update downloaded, and I clicked install because I wasn't sure if it would screw stuff up or not to try to root with the OTA files just sitting there.
What are the rooted people feeling about having root and ota? I am less than impressed with the battery life of Froyo.
- 09-01-2010, 12:20 PM #7
- 09-01-2010, 02:25 PM #8
- 09-01-2010, 02:46 PM #9
- 09-01-2010, 10:13 PM #10
- 09-02-2010, 05:06 PM #11
- 09-03-2010, 12:38 PM #12