[ROM] Ruby For the Incredible!

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Not sure how many of you know about Ruby / Sapphire etc. It's another AOSP rom like Cyanogen Mod. Each has their own merits. Right now they are claiming everything is working on their ROM including internal storage, GPS, MMS, SMS etc.

What's Red and Blue, and Makes Android Users Happy? Sapphire and Ruby Double Release! - xda-developers

Check it out! I'm about to give this one a whirl and see if it's any good. Man is it just me or has there been a lot of ROMs coming out this week!

And for those of you who are lazy I'll include the post from their site with the links etc. ;)

A little over a month ago we made a promise, get us an HTC Incredible and we will give you a Rom. You, our fans and supporters came together and got us that phone. Today marks a major event for us and for you as well, for all of you that have donated and supported us we now give you Ruby, for the HTC Incredible! and for us it means we have now gone multi-device! We have been known all this time as the Sapphire Rom and this has always been incorrect, from here on out we will be known as Crystal Clear Roms(CCRoms), and each device will be its own specific gem in our lineup.

logo.jpg

For Ruby we don't want to just straight port our original Sapphire rom to the Incredible, but that isn't a bad place to start. All standard features such as internal storage, camera, mms, sms, everything else you would expect to work does plus what has been added already to Sapphire. More phone specific optimizations will be added in the future, such as trackball wake, etc.

Direct Download Links for Ruby:
Rom: http://files.ccroms.net/download.php...1.0-update.zip
Gapps: http://files.ccroms.net/download.php...pps-update.zip

For all of you Sapphire users out there we haven't forgotten about you either. With this release you will see a refining of the volume rocker music skipping. We have incorporated the modifications from Alankila for Digital Signal Processing, makes for some pretty awesome music! Stagefright has been re-enabled, and all of the kernels now have the new interactive governer as an option in SetCPU as well.

Link to Sapphire Download Page: releases:sapphire-1.1.0 [CVPCS Sapphire Wiki]

Enjoy Everyone!

Reported Issues As of Right Now:
-Same issue Cyanogen has, it mounts the internal 8GB of storage however apps can't scan it. IE ringtones etc you have there won't load.
-Bluetooth streaming audio doesn't work.
-Maps not locking location (not confirmed some say it works some say it don't)

*Update*
For some reason after installing the Google Apps for this ROM the phone doesn't boot. Grr.

Last edited:

FD2

Shadow Lurker
Aug 9, 2009
Visit site
Not sure how many of you know about Ruby / Sapphire etc. It's another AOSP rom like Cyanogen Mod. Each has their own merits. Right now they are claiming everything is working on their ROM including internal storage, GPS, MMS, SMS etc.

What's Red and Blue, and Makes Android Users Happy? Sapphire and Ruby Double Release! - xda-developers

Check it out! I'm about to give this one a whirl and see if it's any good. Man is it just me or has there been a lot of ROMs coming out this week!

And for those of you who are lazy I'll include the post from their site with the links etc. ;)

Reported Issues As of Right Now:
-Same issue Cyanogen has, it mounts the internal 8GB of storage however apps can't scan it. IE ringtones etc you have there won't load.
-Bluetooth streaming audio doesn't work.
-Maps not locking location (not confirmed some say it works some say it don't)

*Update*
For some reason after installing the Google Apps for this ROM the phone doesn't boot. Grr.
I'll pass being that Koush just finished fixing everything on CM for the Inc.

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
How about we push the reset button here and let people discuss the Ruby / Sapphire ROM, as originally intended? Post #1 & 2 and all but the first sentence of #3 are fine. The rest of it is all off topic.

Last edited:

FD2

Shadow Lurker
Aug 9, 2009
Visit site
Hey guys,

Sorry for the confusion on the release next time i will separate the releases, we were all excited about jumping to multiple devices and releasing two things at once it ended up biting us instead :p so many people have been confused.

ok on the list of things we are working on to get a quick release out to everyone to fix the major bugs.

GPS doesn't work
Camera reports 3MP instead of 8MP
No 720P recording
Emmc internal storage issues(might be fixed in a later release)

as soon as we have these fixed we will be pushing out a .1 fix.

sorry again for the confusion.
From the Dev-XDA

bespinct

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I'm going to be playing with Ruby this weekend, or probably late tonight. One thing to note, it is available from ROM Manager if that's the way you like it! Also, note that they use a bug tracker for issue reporting, it can be found here.

Steve in CT

Last edited:

bespinct

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Been running Ruby all day. No unreported issues so far.

Quadrant score was 1349.
Linpack was 33.
Neocore was 26.7.

Steve in CT
Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance