Cyanogen Mod 6.0.2 Available in ROM Manager

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Whew been one rom after another tonight. Koush posted earlier on Twitter he had some bugs worked out and here is the update. It's available now in ROM manager. Can't wait to flash and see what has been fixed, or more appropriately what still doesn't work lol!

Please keep this post on topic, this is a discussion about 6.0.2 what issues you have to report or what you think about this ROM. This isn't to discuss Skyraider, Ruby, Stock, or a how-to on flashing ROM / Kernels / Radios etc.

Issues:
-Droid Email Force Closing.
-Internal Storage Still Not Reporting in menu. It is picking up my ringtones on the internal storage however. Still buggy.

Working:
-From what I can tell everything else is working. Still not perfection but workable as is...

Last edited:

ircactus

Oct 8, 2009
Visit site
Just applying the update now. Been pretty happy with 6.0.1 cept for the occasional reboot. If this helps that at all, will be loving life.

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
I did a full wipe, but I had been on a different ROM. I have got to find a better dialer, dialer one just isn't doing it for me. Seems pretty stable and for once my phone didn't just quit working with this one over night.

Everything seems to be working, including navigations, GPS, internal storage etc.

@998mhz on kernel
Linpack: 33-34
Quadrant: 1435
NeoCore: 29.7

Higher NeoCore and Quadrant score than an OC anything.....not shabby at all. The Linpack score is pretty much where I expect it on a stock speed ROM with Froyo. In fact it's a bit high as most SS kernels I've messed with only yeild high 20's to 32 in linpack. Pretty good!

Last edited:

ethannation

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
I'm super curious to see if the WiFi/Random Reboot issues are resolved. Cyanogen is the PREMIERE ROM for the Droid Incredible, and once the WiFi/Reboot/Core issues are resolved, I will be a permanent CyanogenMod junkie.

Anyone else experience a reboot on 6.0.2???? Please - I await news like a crackhead awaiting... well, crack...

dmoney17

May 13, 2010
Visit site
I'm super curious to see if the WiFi/Random Reboot issues are resolved. Cyanogen is the PREMIERE ROM for the Droid Incredible, and once the WiFi/Reboot/Core issues are resolved, I will be a permanent CyanogenMod junkie.

Anyone else experience a reboot on 6.0.2???? Please - I await news like a crackhead awaiting... well, crack...

Have experienced wi-fi reboot issues with 6.0.1 as well. I found that if I have wi-fi on and connected at one location and then leave for another location (while leaving wi-fi on) and connect at the new location...then I get a reboot. However, if I turn off wi-fi before getting to a new location and then turn it back on to connect at the new location...then NO REBOOT. This is just my experience.

I want to upgrade to 6.0.2, but only if email is working. Email is my life...sadly.

dmoney17

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Okay I just install 6.0.2 from ROM manager, but I didn't wipe data since I was coming from 6.0.1. I was reading in xda forums that people are getting force closes when using email and that you have to install a different email.apk. However, I'm not getting force closes when using email so that makes me wonder if I needed to wipe data before installing this ROM. I wouldn't think so since it looks like a minor upgrade. Any thoughts?

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site

I've been on WiFi with it since last night haven't had a single reboot. Everything is still performing like it should be. The one thing I have noticed is the battery drain is much higher, almost like having a stock ROM again! (Of course it could have been my 1.5 hours of playing angry birds too!)

Okay I just install 6.0.2 from ROM manager, but I didn't wipe data since I was coming from 6.0.1. I was reading in xda forums that people are getting force closes when using email and that you have to install a different email.apk. However, I'm not getting force closes when using email so that makes me wonder if I needed to wipe data before installing this ROM. I wouldn't think so since it looks like a minor upgrade. Any thoughts?

I always wipe between ROM flashes. Just precaution and one of those better safe than soffy scenarios. Hence the reason titanium backup is so popular on my device. ;) He has put out a new email.apk that he modified that resolves the issue with the Force Closing. I got it ASAP when the phone first booted. My solution was to just delete the app from the phone since I don't use it!

dmoney17

May 13, 2010
Visit site
I always wipe between ROM flashes. Just precaution and one of those better safe than soffy scenarios. Hence the reason titanium backup is so popular on my device. ;) He has put out a new email.apk that he modified that resolves the issue with the Force Closing. I got it ASAP when the phone first booted. My solution was to just delete the app from the phone since I don't use it!

I usually do a wipe when upgrading from one ROM to an entirely different ROM. Do you think I need to re-install and do a full wipe, or just be happy that everything is working like it should (especially email)?

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
I usually do a wipe when upgrading from one ROM to an entirely different ROM. Do you think I need to re-install and do a full wipe, or just be happy that everything is working like it should (especially email)?

If it's working it's working, I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Oh, the internal storage is still not being recognized on 6.0.2. Anyone else have this?

It is being reported. Apps can see read / write to it from what I've seen. However it doesn't show up in the SD & Phone Storage menu in settings. Place some ringtones over there and test it out they should show up!

bespinct

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
CyanogenMod has definitely been my favorite ROM to date. I haven't seen the random reboots that many were experiencing and I always leave both wi-fi and blue tooth on. The reboots may have been happening when I wasn't actively using my phone, I haven't checked.

My scores with CyanogenMod have been consistent from RC3 through today. Quadrant generally in the mid 1300s, Linpack in the mid 30s, and NeoCore at 29.7. I haven't gotten a higher NeoCore FPS on any other ROM.

Steve in CT

@dafaz

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Phone is freezing intermittently now when using wifi with 6.0.2. Had the rebooting with 6.0.1 with wifi. Now screen becomes unresponsive randomly and only a battery pull brings it back...

mc388

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
When charging the phone, does anybody elses led hit green even though charging only reached 90%? My phone has been charging this way since 6.01.

Plus, for people who are using the trackpad to wake the device, does it sometimes take multiple presses to get the unlock screen?

Last edited:

ethannation

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
BoooO! Experienced my first random reboot with 6.0.2 this morning after 24 hours straight of seemingly perfect performance. I'm thinking about going back to SkyRaider 3.0 Vanilla RC2, but I'll wait and see how often these reboots occur. I've turned off the WiFi for now to see if that makes a difference in the stability. It's so tough, because CyanogenMod really is head and shoulders above the other ROMs out there IMHO. Although, just to be fair, my BBerry storm used to randomly lock up and reboot all the time - but that was a 'feature', right?

For historical reference, I had almost hourly reboots with 6.0.0 RC3 and 6-8 reboots a day with 6.0.1.

webbs10101

Aug 5, 2010
Visit site
is there a way to put the htc calendar widget on CM6? i really like cyanogen, and vanilla in general, but i really miss the big calendar widget

Edit: sounds settings isnt working for me, adw seems to be acting up that it keeps reverting to.. "stock" i'll call it.. and it wont restore my backups, and when i plug it into the computer it tells me that i need to format the internal storage, but astro lets me view it.

Last edited:

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
I haven't had any reboots, this one has been perfect for me so far. Battery is still a bit iffy as I've dropped from 14-20 hours to about 10. So we will see how that plays out I guess.

You can't use anything htc with it. Sense is nowhere to be found my friend. You'll have to find another calendar widget / app. As afar as the internal storage it's the same thing since CM 6.0.0. It's a reporting problem with the phone you are going to have those issues, but the memory still is readable, writable, and usable by apps.

Personally if the internal memory wasn't buggered up and if I had some custom kernels which would give me some better battery life, some additional performance, and some head room to OC this would be my favorite ROM by far.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12