I rooted and updated to Froyo as per Qazme

anicholas7

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
but now I need to know how to delete the bloatware and also get all my info back that I saved using Titanium. I also backed up when I downloaded Froyo but I'm not sure how to get everything the way it was.
If anyone can help it would be much appreciated.

Fillyo

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
I would reinstall apps manually and have a fresh install. I just figured out bloatware removal today, there is a big thread. Check out jonamerica.com. If you are noob like me, SDK is confusing, but I did figure it out.

1. Install SDK on computer, make sure it is on your OS drive (C for me)
2. Boot phone into recovery, and mount system in Clockworkmod
3. Get the Command prompt via run in windows
4. Follow the commands in jonamerica

Here is a thread that will help.
Alternative method: Removing bloatware - xda-developers

anicholas7

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
How do I access Titanium on my sd card to reinstall contacts, apps etc.
Do I just hook up my phone to the computer and send the Titanium file from my sd card to internal memory drive

anicholas7

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
Ok I figured out how to restore all my apps and contacts etc.
Now I need to get rid of the bloatware. I read the post by fillyo but that seems a little out of my league right now. I read that someone had luck using root explorer.

The easiest way to delete apps is to use root explorer which you can get from the market. Once installed just open root explorer and go to systems the apps, then hit the r/w button and just long press on the app you went to delete.
I don't have a list of apps that you can or should delete but you need to be careful some apps should not be deleted. I deleted the bloatware Verizon put on the phone and a few others.

Has anyone else used this and is this the best way to rid these unwanted apps that Verizon/HTC are throwing at us.

Krzr93

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
Ok I figured out how to restore all my apps and contacts etc.
Now I need to get rid of the bloatware. I read the post by fillyo but that seems a little out of my league right now. I read that someone had luck using root explorer.

The easiest way to delete apps is to use root explorer which you can get from the market. Once installed just open root explorer and go to systems the apps, then hit the r/w button and just long press on the app you went to delete.
I don't have a list of apps that you can or should delete but you need to be careful some apps should not be deleted. I deleted the bloatware Verizon put on the phone and a few others.

Has anyone else used this and is this the best way to rid these unwanted apps that Verizon/HTC are throwing at us.

Did it the way you just described. Make a backup using Clockwork first because I did mess up once. Just don't go delete crazy and break something.

But yeah I just downloaded root explorer, finished getting rid of bloatware and then refunded (cheap I know but it's a different discussion)

anicholas7

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
I'm not sure yet how to back up using clockwork but I have other backup programs such as my backup and titanium. Do you think they are sufficent ways to back up in case I mess something up.
Also does anyone have a list of forced apps that are safe to remove and ones that are not. I remember seeing somewhere that if I removed one of the apps you also need to remove another app with it or it wouldn't work properly.

Fillyo

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
The other methods above will work, but they delete your apps. The SBK method moves them to another folder in case you ever want them back. I guess I don't know why you would, but you never know. It took a lot of reading and comparing various threads to understand how to use SBK and communicate with the phone. I am somewhat comfortable with it now, however, its probably not for average joe.

I did not delete friendstream, footnotes, news, stocks and peep. I think the fiend stream will mess things up if removed if you sync social media, but I may be wrong.

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Qazme's flock is growing... One thread at a time...

I have a flock now! Holy crap when did that happen!? lol, not so sure I would say I have a following. Thanks for the compliment though?

How do I access Titanium on my sd card to reinstall contacts, apps etc.
Do I just hook up my phone to the computer and send the Titanium file from my sd card to internal memory drive

The best way I have found to take care of removing apps, backup items etc. is through Titanium backup! Once you get Titanium backup and backup your apps to your SD card then all you have to do is restore those apps using it. IF you decide you ever want your apps back you can either restore you Titanium backup, if you never change it, restore your nandroid backup, which you should have already made, or use ADB from the sdk and you can create a "backup" folder of the stuff you remove. That's what I did just for the heck of it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12