1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP

Default Virtuous v2.6

Just wanted to give a shout out to the Virtuous v2.6 ROM + Revolution Theme. This ROM has worked flawlessly for me so far. I love the feel of sense, something i missed after going to SR Vanilla.

The ROM is snappy and fast. I'm not too concerned with my Quadrant score or Linpack at the moment so I don't have those. I'm personally going for more of a stock sense feel over performance. The battery life has been AMAZING for me so far.

Uptime: 3:21
    Awake Time: 1:50
    Battery: 94% (moderate use, streaming Fox News Radio for 30 minutes)

Anyone else having a great experience with Virtuous 2.6? What about bad?

Yea I'm loving it as well. Very snappy...feels just like the normal OTA without the battery issues Plus you can delete all the stock bloat ware. I went 39hours with 6 hours up time and I was only down to 15% when I put it on the charger. Could have easily got 48 hours. Using the 1500Mah Battery

anyway to change the accent color on the revolution theme? I don't like how it changed everything red.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP

Quote Originally Posted by Sere81 View Post
    anyway to change the accent color on the revolution theme? I don't like how it changed everything red.
    Hmmm im not sure. I think you can. In my research, I think its possible since the ROM is deodexed but I am unsure about where to make those changes.

Global Posts
    1,002 Global Posts
    ROM
    Cyanogrnmod 10.2

Using Virtuous 2.6. Very stable. Battery life with this + kingxkernel BFS #2 is epic.

Unless some as yet unknown deal breaker is sourced, I'll be sporting this build until GB leaks.
    Rooted & ROM'd 32GB White Mist Verizon Galaxy S4
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP

Quote Originally Posted by mikestorm View Post
    Using Virtuous 2.6. Very stable. Battery life with this + kingxkernel BFS #2 is epic.

Unless some as yet unknown deal breaker is sourced, I'll be sporting this build until GB leaks.

Nice, I was just getting curious as to if Virtuous supports King kernels. Guess that answers my question.

Global Posts
    2,956 Global Posts
    ROM
    Bugless Beast 4.1.1

Quote Originally Posted by rugbyua9 View Post
    Nice, I was just getting curious as to if Virtuous supports King kernels. Guess that answers my question.
    Any Sense based ROM is supported by Hydra and King kernels. The only ROMs that don't are the true vanilla AOSP roms like Ruby, Cyanogen, etc.
    The Storm has cleared to an Incredible day! I ate an IceCream Sandwhich. Still needed JellyBeans. ;-)
    NEXUS!!!!!!
    Thanked by 2:
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP

Quote Originally Posted by Qazme View Post
    Any Sense based ROM is supported by Hydra and King kernels. The only ROMs that don't are the true vanilla AOSP roms like Ruby, Cyanogen, etc.
    Good to know! Thanks!

Global Posts
    409 Global Posts

The notes on the site mention that the Droid startup sound was removed due to it being annoying. I personally like that start up sound, so how hard is it to put it back in if I go with this ROM?

Still reading up on changing kernels as I wonder if I should do that or not with a ROM change...

What Radio are you guys running on this? I dont have 720p after flashing this ROM and have been told it might be my Radio.
    Last edited by Phillip; 09-12-2010 at 04:55 PM.

Global Posts
    73 Global Posts

Been running it since the v2.1 release. It is a great ROM and the features, goodies and customizations and the ease of change makes this a great ROM for those of us not looking to super tweak the phone (Although you can).

I'm running radio 2.15.00.07.28 and do have 720p video but have to change the resolution in the video camera settings as 720p is not default.

Quote Originally Posted by Phillip View Post
    What Radio are you guys running on this? I dont have 720p after flashing this ROM and have been told it might be my Radio.
    Do you have the option but when trying to use it reboots the phone or is the option just not there? Either way you need to update the radio to actually have 720p work

Quote Originally Posted by cjcarter View Post
    Do you have the option but when trying to use it reboots the phone or is the option just not there? Either way you need to update the radio to actually have 720p work
    Yeah there just is not an option. What radio do I update to also what kernal should I update to as well. In order to update radio I have to use Unrevoked Forever Correct and turn S-off. I used Unrevoked 3 the other day ( I don't think that puts S-off)
    Last edited by Phillip; 09-12-2010 at 04:58 PM.
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    Android Revolution HD 2.1.2
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP

Quote Originally Posted by Phillip View Post
    Yeah there just is not an option. What radio do I update to also what kernal should I update to as well. In order to update radio I have to use Unrevoked Forever Correct and turn S-off. I used Unrevoked 3 the other day ( I don't think that puts S-off)
    Correct, you have to use Forever to turn S-Off. Unrevoked will not turn S-Off.

I'm still on an old radio as I have not had a chance to run Forever and load a new radio. I am using 2.05 and have 720p.

Last edited by klittle81; 06-17-2012 at 12:22 PM.