BFS Changelog

Kernel #4

- Now based off of NEW fresh source code from HTC
- Default CPU governor changed to 'Interactive'
- Numerous small changes I won't list that htc did
- Removed bloat from kernel
- Merged all my commits into the new code so
- Still using BFQ I/O scheduler
- Much much more check my code if you have any questions. I am heading out for the night

BFS Kernel #4: http://kingxklick.com/kernels/KiNgxKernel-Inc-4-BFS330-2.6.32.15-Flashable.zip

jdposhkus

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Threw it on last night. So far so good. Not a battery miser but not too bad either. Without set cpu I was getting Quadrant scores in the 1200's with SetCpu I go scores in the high 13's and low 14's.

rpfarrah

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Might have to give this one a test-drive. Wonder how this compares with Adrynalyne's latest kernal. I could be wrong, but I don't think Adryn runs the BFS thingy.

eRod v1.0

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Loaded Virtuous last night. Also loaded this #4 kernel. I've been running it at 1.15 in SetCPU on Conservative. This is the first Kingx kernel that I've been able to run at 1.15 without stability issues. So far so good. Quadrant scores in the 1500's.

TDAY#AC

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
I'm able to run it at 119 so far without reboot so I'm really impressed. Quadrant score was 1577. The king makes some great kernels. Not sure on battery life yet because I just loaded it last night.

jdposhkus

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
All in all this is a very stable kernel. I can run at 1.19 without boot loops. (Not that I do though...) Battery consumption is about the same as KK #2 which for me was not great. Immediate 5% drop after unplugging and letting the screen turn off. (Yes I wiped battery stats)
I think that I am leaning toward going back to KK#1 as it offered me the best combo of stability/speed/battery conservation. I will audition #4 for the remainder of the weekend. I do have setcpu enabled with profiles, I will run all day tomorrow without setcpu to do a comparo.
Would be great if you have a Inc. w/ a bubble-butt...(extended battery):p

douger

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
All in all this is a very stable kernel. I can run at 1.19 without boot loops. (Not that I do though...) Battery consumption is about the same as KK #2 which for me was not great. Immediate 5% drop after unplugging and letting the screen turn off. (Yes I wiped battery stats)
I think that I am leaning toward going back to KK#1 as it offered me the best combo of stability/speed/battery conservation. I will audition #4 for the remainder of the weekend. I do have setcpu enabled with profiles, I will run all day tomorrow without setcpu to do a comparo.
Would be great if you have a Inc. w/ a bubble-butt...(extended battery):p

My experience with new kernels and battery stat wipes is that it takes two or three charging cycles for the battery usage to stabilize.

dragonsamus

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
I have this kernel installed on 2.2 sense. I don't have set cpu. Do I need set cpu to overclock or will the kernel do it on its own? I'm new to the whole flashing kernels/roms.

rugbyua9

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the response. I've downloaded set cpu but it's confusing. How is everyone using this? What are your settings?

I use the recommended scaling profiles that are auto generated in SetCPU. Here is a list and description of what each one does.

[TUT] SetCPU and Advanced Settings - xda-developers

The slider on the top will help with with your overclocking. Slide it to the right and your CPU is overclocked. I'd recommend if you want performance to put it around 1113600 to 1152000. You can go higher to 1.19 but some kernels force a boot loop at that speed.

I wouldn't recommend setting the "Set on Boot" option until you know you device can handle it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs