Just unrevoked my two incredibles using the beta version worked flawlessly

THese guys seem to be on the right track

Both rooted in less than 10mins.

then used titanium toget rid of bloat

Good work

anicholas7

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
I did the same thing but it took me considerably longer than 10 minutes.
Can you give me a list of what forced apps you removed. I read somewhere here that some apps may interact with others in such a way that if you remove one app another app may not work the same as it did before.

The apps I removed are
1)amazon MP3
2)Skype
3)Verizon Nav
4)City ID

ghamden

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
I only froze

amazon mp3
City id
Verizon navigator
Stocks
i would not freeze any system apps until there is more input
I hear not to mess with Backup at all
I think we removed the safe apps

strange thing is amazon is not running but its icon is still there?

jdub679

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
Unrevoked is pretty awesome.

Uninstalled (instead of "delete") cityID, VZ Navigator, and skype using Titanium Backup. Seems to be working fine without them.

ghamden

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
I am only freezing apps with titanium

My memory start up is around 230 iwill know tommorrow what it drops to during normal usage.

3g mobile
amazon mp3 -- icon still there
city ID
stock.com
stocks 1 stocks widget
face book
fm radio
foot print
visual VM
VZ navigator

It ran well before but now it feels more like a business phone and not just a toy

your mileage may vary

jdazzr

May 26, 2010
Visit site
can someone just post directions? i have a link but dont know what to do with it. it just says "waiting for device" even though im plugged in.

thank you

jdazzr

May 26, 2010
Visit site
i found plenty of directions in the other threads. but its soooo scattered its hard to follow. one page is talkin about radios and the other talks about makin a nandroid then back to radios. can soneone compile instructions in a nice neat thread?

slorange#AC

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
There are instructions on www.XDA-developers.com. Also, read FAQ on unrevoked.

By the way, its safe to remove VZBackup. I've done it several times with no ill effect.

ALL of them will talk about android backups. There is a good reason for that. It gives you an escape if you mess up something.

Read everything you can before you start poking around inside your phone, backup regularly and remember... Google is your friend.

jdazzr

May 26, 2010
Visit site
this might be a dumb question but... how do you know when youre rooted? everything went well and i was lookin for something on the phone that shows it actually happened.

thanks

jdazzr

May 26, 2010
Visit site
got it. install went smooth. took me a while cause i couldnt figure out some of the file transfers and i was goin through everything i could find to read. i was using a video and the creator was on vista and im on xp so copying wasnt working the same. everything is fine.

so far ive installed:
Titanium backup
Wifi tether (havent tested)
shootme (screen shots)
super manager

using Ti backup ive uninstalled:
Amazon mp3
city id
vz navigator
stocks
peeps

Last edited:

Revolutionary

May 12, 2010
Visit site
Why does everybody hate on Amazon MP3? I know it loads without user action, but it doesn't actually use any resources (check your battery history). Is it an iTunes vs. Amazon thing? I get all my music there, so I guess I just don't understand the hate...

jdazzr

May 26, 2010
Visit site
No hating Amazon here. All my music I download on my laptop not my phone. And all my music I put on itunes first anyway then I just drag and drop on my phone if I want it there. My laptop is my primary devise for music downloads so I don't need Amazon.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae