Question About King Kernals

slorange#AC

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
If you're running stock 2.2 then it's a Sense ROM. The new #1 is for AOSP ROMs only. You can try it, but it probably won't work.

If you do try it, please update us on:

1. How bad it borks your device
2. Whether it's recoverable
3. How you convince VZW to honor your warranty

Good luck

Echoes

May 25, 2010
Visit site
Erm....I've been running KK #1 on Virtuous for a couple of weeks now. No borking, no instability, great battery life.

Just flashed the new #4 today to check it out. Pretty impressed so far, especially when paired with SetCPU.

JTEastwood

Mar 14, 2010
Visit site
Erm....I've been running KK #1 on Virtuous for a couple of weeks now. No borking, no instability, great battery life.

Just flashed the new #4 today to check it out. Pretty impressed so far, especially when paired with SetCPU.

+1
I am running the new kk#1 with FrankenRom and it runs great. just got a solid 16hrs on one charge....

firstbeat

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site

Any chance you can tell me exactly what to set in SetCpu? I've never used it and can't quite figure it out.

Please...?

firstbeat

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site

Any chance you can tell me exactly what to set in SetCpu? I've never used it and can't quite figure it out.

Please...?

mikestorm

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
kingklick said:
So you guys asked and asked, and now you shall have your requests answered. I decided to port my kernel over for AOSP, CM, and Ruby ROMs. The cool thing about this is that all the other features my sense kernel has, this has with one exception: It works on vanilla ROMs! So any ROM you may like to use that does NOT have sense, this will work with. It has all the tweaks that you would need, without loss of stability.

He never said it doesn't work for sense ROMs, he said this version now works for AOSP, CM, and Ruby ROMs. Whether they are optimized for Sense is another story...

I'm going to load BFS # 4 when I get a minute.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol