1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default [ROM] Uncommon Sense (Beta)

Hey all I just thought I would share this with you, was browsing the XDA forums and came across this, looks really cool.

Gonna try it out later, tell me what you guys think of it.

*I did not make this, none of it.*
    :o

Edit: ROM update to .8 9/16, check out the thread for new features and fixes.
    Last edited by adianlorenzana; 09-17-2010 at 08:56 AM.

Loving it so far. Speedy and attractive ROM. Thanks for the link. Definitely recommend everyone to give this one a shot.
    HTC Droid Incredible
    Uncommon Sense ROM v0.9
    Hydra Overclock/Undervolt Kernel v1.0
    2.15.00.09.01 Radio

Uncommon Sense ROM + KingxKlick #4 = me moving on from Virtuous. The lockscreen music controls even support Pandora. This ROM is awesome.
    HTC Droid Incredible
    Uncommon Sense ROM v0.9
    2.15.00.09.01 Radio

Quote Originally Posted by Echoes View Post
    Uncommon Sense ROM + KingxKlick #4 = me moving on from Virtuous. The lockscreen music controls even support Pandora. This ROM is awesome.
    Performance-wise, is it more responsive than stock Sense 2.2? I'm researching about the different ROMs, but since I really like Sense I would only upgrade to a custom ROM if I will noticed more responsiveness out of the phone.

Quote Originally Posted by galactor View Post
    Performance-wise, is it more responsive than stock Sense 2.2? I'm researching about the different ROMs, but since I really like Sense I would only upgrade to a custom ROM if I will noticed more responsiveness out of the phone.
    When I first flashed it, I noticed that it was pretty impressively quick, probably even more so than stock. I am noticing some choppiness at the moment, though it probably has more to do with me messing with the kernel settings.

I would say definitely give it a shot. Create a nandroid backup using ROM manager first though, so you can always go back if you have a problem.

EDIT: Yep. Just uninstalled SetCUP and im not having any issue anymore. I would say go for it.
    Last edited by Echoes; 09-14-2010 at 06:50 PM.
    HTC Droid Incredible
    Uncommon Sense ROM v0.9
    2.15.00.09.01 Radio

i've been running it all day and i must say that i'm very impressed. no force closes and its been fast all day. now if only i could get these awesome long lasting battery kernels that everyone is praising =/

Global Posts
    2,956 Global Posts
    ROM
    Bugless Beast 4.1.1

Look for Hydra and KingxKlick kernels. Most people have good luck from either of them, I prefer the KingxKlick BFS kernels myself.
    The Storm has cleared to an Incredible day! I ate an IceCream Sandwhich. Still needed JellyBeans. ;-)
    NEXUS!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Echoes View Post
    When I first flashed it, I noticed that it was pretty impressively quick, probably even more so than stock. I am noticing some choppiness at the moment, though it probably has more to do with me messing with the kernel settings.

I would say definitely give it a shot. Create a nandroid backup using ROM manager first though, so you can always go back if you have a problem.

EDIT: Yep. Just uninstalled SetCUP and im not having any issue anymore. I would say go for it.
    So setCPU caused the choppiness you were experiencing? I installed it the other day (Stock Sense 2.2) and just with the "Off Screen" profile was able to get 16 hours out of the battery (1hr phone call, short calls, 100 txt msgs, couple of downloads, 1.5hr music play, etc).

Quote Originally Posted by galactor View Post
    So setCPU caused the choppiness you were experiencing? I installed it the other day (Stock Sense 2.2) and just with the "Off Screen" profile was able to get 16 hours out of the battery (1hr phone call, short calls, 100 txt msgs, couple of downloads, 1.5hr music play, etc).
    Yeah I mean I know a lot of people have really good luck with SetCPU profiles, but I've always found that it compromises the performance on my device. That's just me though- my only use for it is for overclocking kernels that default at 998Mhz, though I like to steer clear of it as much as possible.
    HTC Droid Incredible
    Uncommon Sense ROM v0.9
    2.15.00.09.01 Radio

Global Posts
    2,956 Global Posts
    ROM
    Bugless Beast 4.1.1

Another thing that could be causing you some issues is the 9.01 radio. My phone was stalling out, locking up, and rebooting randomly. First I thought it was the ROM but it didn't fix it. I flashed back to 7.28 radio and everything is golden again.

As far as the SetCpu stuff if you set the screen off profile any lower than 245mhz you will have all kinds of issues from what I've seen. Each phones acts differently with different mixes of stuff if it doesn't work it doesn't work.
    The Storm has cleared to an Incredible day! I ate an IceCream Sandwhich. Still needed JellyBeans. ;-)
    NEXUS!!!!!!

Good suggestion, Q. I'm actually loving the 9.01 radio though. Works lightning fast on my phone, and everything is actually quite stable.

I think SetCPU is always going to be one of those applications that I install, mess with for a bit, uninstall, then repeat.

And in other news, deficitism is reporting that v0.7 should be coming soon with a lot of fixes/additions.
    HTC Droid Incredible
    Uncommon Sense ROM v0.9
    2.15.00.09.01 Radio

Global Posts
    2,956 Global Posts
    ROM
    Bugless Beast 4.1.1

Yeah I was one of those people who didn't see any difference in the 9.01 radio. Signals were the same etc. But phone stability and battery life suffered on my device. As with anything some things don't work as expected on every phone.

As far as SetCpu if I'm using an OC'able kernel I always use it.(Unless the ROM supports scaling etc. like Ruby!) Never had an issue with it even on Cyanogen, but I know some people are saying that it was causing lockups on their phones under that particular ROM. But this is the beauty of Android, install, reinstall, try it, like it keep it, don't remove it!!! (I love experimenting with my phone it's highly addictive!)
    NEXUS!!!!!!
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

Yeah Echoes, version .8 is out now. Same as .7 idk if it's a typo or what but who cares, new bug fixes and features check it out guys!

downloaded .8, but am unsure on how to install it. Tried dropping zip file into SD and using ROM manager, but no luck. Any help?

As near as I can tell, v0.7 was the same thing as v0.8, except that people were having issues with Sense FCing. v0.8 is slated to fix that. Downloading now- will report back.

Theguy- if you downloaded from your DInc's internet browser like I did, go into ROM Manager, select "Install ROM from SD Card", and locate your download folder. It should be in there.
    HTC Droid Incredible
    Uncommon Sense ROM v0.9
    2.15.00.09.01 Radio

not sure why it wasnt being detected. but installed now

looks very nice, runs real smooth... but, battery is dropping faster then ever! I'm literally just swipping through screens, playing with settings and the phone has dropped about 12%

Quote Originally Posted by theguy386 View Post
    not sure why it wasnt being detected. but installed now

looks very nice, runs real smooth... but, battery is dropping faster then ever! I'm literally just swipping through screens, playing with settings and the phone has dropped about 12%
    Often time after a flash, it takes my device a little while to works things out. Immediately after a flash, battery life is at its worst. Then it typically improves over the next day.
    HTC Droid Incredible
    Uncommon Sense ROM v0.9
    2.15.00.09.01 Radio

Default Re: [ROM] Uncommon Sense (Beta)

Has anyone had any issues with this ROM and not getting email notifications of not syncing properly?

Installed yesterday and today noticed that I haven't received any mail until I manually went into gmail and tapped refresh... to which I got swamped with emails

Quote Originally Posted by theguy386 View Post
    Has anyone had any issues with this ROM and not getting email notifications of not syncing properly?

Installed yesterday and today noticed that I haven't received any mail until I manually went into gmail and tapped refresh... to which I got swamped with emails
    Yeah, I have noticed that actually. Typically I found that it took maybe a day or so for email pushing to be activated after flashing a new ROM. But I've been using Uncommon Sense for almost a week now, and I still have to manually check my email.
    HTC Droid Incredible
    Uncommon Sense ROM v0.9
    2.15.00.09.01 Radio

v0.9 beta is out as of last night, with reports of the first release candidate being released today. Highly recommend this ROM, as almost all of the issues have now been ironed out.
    HTC Droid Incredible
    Uncommon Sense ROM v0.9
    2.15.00.09.01 Radio

Global Posts
    847 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Just flashed it and recovered w/ Titanium... been playing with it for a couple hours and I wish I would have rooted MONTHS ago! Great job!

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
    "In valor, there is hope."

So I just rooted a couple of days ago and got the Hydra kernal running on my Inc.

I decided to go with this custom ROM so I did the following.

First I did a backup
    Then I wiped data/wipe cache
    Then installed the zip

Rebooted and everything runs.

My question is, is there a way to get all my data back without over writing the custom ROM or do I need to reinstall everything that I had and set everything up again?

If I did a restore to the backup I just made before installing this ROM, I'll get all my data back but it will also load back to default 2.2 Froyo before I installed the ROM correct?

Sorry this is my first ROM.
    Last edited by HardHitter; 09-24-2010 at 11:20 AM.

Global Posts
    847 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I use app brain, and i sync every time i put a new app on. That takes care of getting all my apps back handily. I also use Titanium backup, so all the data for those apps are also easily recovered. All my contacts come from the cloud via my gmail account and all my music and photos are on my sd card. That pretty much puts me where I was with a custom rom in 20 to 30 minutes....
  24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #24  

By the way guys, the rom has been updated to the final version of the beta, its absolutly amazing check it out now
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    847 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Has anyone played with kernels yet and found one that plays nice with uncommon sense? I am really in love with this ROM and better battery life would be icing on the cake...