Installed Virtuous 2.6/KingKernel#4 - Quadrant Scores the Same?

Todd M

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
As the title states, I installed Virtuous 2.6 and KK4, and my Quadrant scores are the same as stock 2.2. I thought they would go up a little, but I am still scoring in the 1150 range. I have seen others here mention that they are in the 1800s, so I am wondering if I am either missing something, or if I might not have done something I should have.

I have setCPU, but I have not set anything as of yet, except the screen off that I set to 245/245.

Any thoughts or suggestions to increase this?

Fillyo

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
Hmm...I just ran it three times in a row, got an 1166, a 1277, then a 1306. I am rooted 2.2 with bloatware removed, no other mods.

eRod v1.0

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
The guys scoring 1800s are the ones running Ruby or CM ROM. I am running Virt 2.6 and BFS #4 and consistently get scores in the 1500 range. My high being 1590. My setCPU is at 1.13 on interactive.

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
I'm using Ruby at 1.113 OC and I get 1500's consistently. Just don't put too much weight in those tests. If the phone is doing like you think it should and is running fine what does it really matter?

eRod v1.0

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I agree. My phone is really responsive and snappy. I love the setup right now. Just not impressed with the battery. I did reset my battery to see if it helps. We shall see.

mikestorm

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
Hmm...I just ran it three times in a row, got an 1166, a 1277, then a 1306. I am rooted 2.2 with bloatware removed, no other mods.

Keep running without terminating Quadrant and your scores will keep getting higher and higher. It has to do with the I/O test. The more the test is run in the same instance of the app, the higher this portion of the weighted score becomes, (each test leverages processes from the previous tests, causing that portion of the test to improve after each run) and you can get your Quad scores to go through the roof if you wanted to. The other test results pretty much stay the same.

Best way to use Quadrant is to run it the same way between configurations. That is, whenever I change a ROM, Kernel, etc. I run it once after a fresh boot. Since I stick with the above, I'll get an apples to apples comparison.

rugbyua9

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
I'm using Ruby at 1.113 OC and I get 1500's consistently. Just don't put too much weight in those tests. If the phone is doing like you think it should and is running fine what does it really matter?

Totally at the point where this is how i roll. At the beginning of my rooting adventure I thought I wanted the fastest phone ever. It was cool working on it... dont get me wrong. I was all about quadrant, linpack, and neocore.

Now im at the point where I want a snappy phone, with sense, that has decent battery life. Virtuous ftw.

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Totally at the point where this is how i roll. At the beginning of my rooting adventure I thought I wanted the fastest phone ever. It was cool working on it... dont get me wrong. I was all about quadrant, linpack, and neocore.

Now im at the point where I want a snappy phone, with sense, that has decent battery life. Virtuous ftw.

Yeah I agree. Seems that 1.113 with an undervolt gives me the battery life for my usage that I'm happy with. I ran cyanogen for awhile with the 998mhz stock speed and it felt like it was running the same as 1.113. So I'm still up in the air about the OC'ing and benchmark scores. After all, just like computers benchmarks are synthetic and don't replace real world experience.