Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Boot Loop!!! Help Please

So today has been a big day! Went S-Off, Flashed the Radio, tried a few different ROMs and ended up back on SR 3.1. I then flashed to King Kernel #4. All was well until i started messing with SetCPU. Now the phone boots, starts to load, freezes and/or reboots itself.

So a couple of questions:
    1.) Would SetCPU cause this kind of issue?
    2.) Is it the Kernel causing issues?
    3.) What are my options? Full wipe and reinstall the ROM?

Thanks in advance for any help!!
    FD2
    Shadow Lurker

Global Posts
    376 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

1) If you made a nandroid back up. Just restore.
    2) If not, Reload SR3.1
    3) If after doing that you still get reboots or can't boot up. Wipe.
    I'm not a star, somebody lied

Yeah, Set CPU could be the culprit if you have it set too high. Happened to me.

Global Posts
    2,956 Global Posts
    ROM
    Bugless Beast 4.1.1

Just flash the stock kernel back on it and try again. Sound like, what rpfarrah said, it may be clocked to high for your phone. There is no need in re-flashing the entire rom, you only need to put a non-OC'able kernel on there so the speeds you set in setcpu can't be applied. Here's the stock kernel for ya.

Stock Kernel 2.6.32

1. Download that and place it onto your SD card.
    2. Boot into hboot (volume down + power).
    3. Select recovery.
    4. Install .zip from sdcard
    5. Select zip (the one you downloaded)
    6. Let it do it's thing and reboot your phone.

Once your phone reboot go into Setcpu and turn off apply on reboot and set the speed to 998 (should be there now anyways). Do this BEFORE you flash a different kernel!

Once you have that you can pick the same King/Hyrda kernel to flash again and start off with "apply on reboot" turned off. Test your OC until your phone locks or reboot. Once it happens reboot your phone and it will be back stock until you turn it back up. Once you find a stable OC for your phone re-check mark that option and be happy. Good luck!
    The Storm has cleared to an Incredible day! I ate an IceCream Sandwhich. Still needed JellyBeans. ;-)
    NEXUS!!!!!!
    Thanked by:
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Thanks so much Guys! I've got this fixed!!!

I'd be wary about going back to SetCPU honestly. I realize a lot of people have a lot of success with different profiles, but I find that more often than not, my DInc performance really suffers with it, and that a lot of issues go away as soon as I uninstall it.

Just my $.02.
    HTC Droid Incredible
    Uncommon Sense ROM v0.9
    Hydra Overclock/Undervolt Kernel v1.0
    2.15.00.09.01 Radio

Global Posts
    2,956 Global Posts
    ROM
    Bugless Beast 4.1.1

Yeah from what I've seen depending on the ROM it could cause issues. The one ROM people are having issue with SetCpu is Cyanogen. With that being said I haven't had any issue with it in anything. Just remember to not underclock lower than 245mhz or your phone will lag when you get a call.
    The Storm has cleared to an Incredible day! I ate an IceCream Sandwhich. Still needed JellyBeans. ;-)
    NEXUS!!!!!!