[ROM] Redemption Rom v2.0.2

GooTz66

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
Ok. I've confirmed your issue. I always have the pattern lock enabled, so didn't noticed that. Did you ever experience that with the stock Sense 2.2? Not sure if it's something that only happens with the Rotary unlock screen.

Never had this issue with stock or with 2.0.2

galactor

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Lou, I'm an avid Last.FM user so since the Musicmod app was recognized by the scrobbler I decided to install the HTC Music player. Scrobbling is working fine, but not I don't see the audio controls in the Rotary unlock screen. In SkyRaider I was able to use Rotary (w/music controls) + HTC Music. Is this a bug or just the way you build the ROM?

On a side note, I never used the Spare Parts app before. I see two options titled "Windows Animations" and "Transition Animations". In the phone's settings I have all sort of "special effects" disabled, so I assume that these 2 options are only to be used by people who have the animations/transitions enabled, right?

EDIT: I also noticed that the 2.0.3 description says all governors are enabled, but this afternoon I installed setCPU and I only see 3 (userspace, ondemand, performance). Are these the only governors allowed with the stock kernel? When I used KingxFlick BFS #1 (with SkyRaider) there were extra governors like "power save".
EDIT2: I ended up uninstalling setCPU because my battery was draining fast. I had the app set to "On demand" at boot, enabled the "screen off" profile to min frequency with top priority, and disabled the perflock; still using stock kernel. What settings are you using?

Thanks!

Never had this issue with stock or with 2.0.2
Got it! 2.0.3 is my first crack at this ROM :)

Last edited:

GooTz66

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
Got it! 2.0.3 is my first crack at this ROM :)

I was talking to a friend of mine who said that CM6 had an option to have the menu button unlock, however it was an option and had to have it enabled, same as Virtuoso. I havent tried these ROMs so I am only going off what he is telling me from his experience.

If this is an option in RR2.0.3 I havent found where to enable/disable it.

GooTz66

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
Maybe another bug? I have noticed that some email notifications have been coming in without sound every so often. It will vibrate but not play sound.

nathanj

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I loaded this up this morning. I would like to say it really seems smooth. Great Job!

On another note I saw someone on here got Setcpu to go over 1000 MHz I can't get it to go over 998 could someone give some advice? Thanks

galactor

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
On another note I saw someone on here got Setcpu to go over 1000 MHz I can't get it to go over 998 could someone give some advice? Thanks
I honestly don't think that setCPU plays nicely with the stock kernel...at least on this ROM. I ended up uninstalling setCPU 'cause with the "on demand" setting the frequency kept flipping between 245 and 999 even when I wasn't doing anything. That was draining the battery pretty quick even though I disabled the "perflock" and restarted the phone. You should wait until we get the custom kernel (as posted on the first page) before using setCPU.

GooTz66

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
I loaded this up this morning. I would like to say it really seems smooth. Great Job!

You need a custom kernal.The ROM has the stock HTC kernal. I have been using KingxKlick BFS #4 which has been working pretty well.

galactor

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
You need a custom kernal.The ROM has the stock HTC kernal. I have been using KingxKlick BFS #4 which has been working pretty well.
So setCPU is working great with KingxKlick #4? I had #1 with SkyRaider (came installed default) and the battery life was pretty good. Can you post link to the kernel? Thanks!

BTW, any other issues with the ROM...I'm waiting for feedback regarding my previous post.

GooTz66

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
So setCPU is working great with KingxKlick #4? I had #1 with SkyRaider (came installed default) and the battery life was pretty good. Can you post link to the kernel? Thanks!

BTW, any other issues with the ROM...I'm waiting for feedback regarding my previous post.

KingxKlick Forums • View topic - [KERNEL] [2.6.32.15] [HAVS] [BFS] KiNgxKernel #3/#4

Just the sound issue with email (gmail) notifications not playing the sound sometimes. So far thats all I have seen. Hopefully Lou will jump in and answer our questions and give some explanations.

Blackberry_Lou

May 11, 2010
Visit site
KingxKlick Forums • View topic - [KERNEL] [2.6.32.15] [HAVS] [BFS] KiNgxKernel #3/#4

Just the sound issue with email (gmail) notifications not playing the sound sometimes. So far thats all I have seen. Hopefully Lou will jump in and answer our questions and give some explanations.

Hey sorry guys I'm trying to keep this Rom up on two different forums. As far as the gmail sounds I haven't been able to duplicate this problem and it's the first time I've heard of it. I'm fairly sure you mentioned that you used titanium to restore your apps/settings from a previous Rom? If so this has proven to be an issue on a few different Roms I suggest wiping completely and loading everything manually.

kborer22

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Hey sorry guys I'm trying to keep this Rom up on two different forums. As far as the gmail sounds I haven't been able to duplicate this problem and it's the first time I've heard of it. I'm fairly sure you mentioned that you used titanium to restore your apps/settings from a previous Rom? If so this has proven to be an issue on a few different Roms I suggest wiping completely and loading everything manually.

i have been running this rom for about 24 hrs now, completely stock, no updates installed yet and i have been able to use titanium back up to restore manually like lou has mentioned. This has worked like a charm for me!

GooTz66

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site

Thanks Lou. I will keep an eye on it, and it has only happened with gmail and no other notifications.

Can you shed some light on the lock screen issue with the menu button unlocking to home bypassing the swipe?

Also when screen is off and a call comes in your HTC style lock comes on and have to slide down to answer, is this correct? Or is it supposed to be the rotary lock as well?

Blackberry_Lou

May 11, 2010
Visit site
Thanks Lou. I will keep an eye on it, and it has only happened with gmail and no other notifications.

Can you shed some light on the lock screen issue with the menu button unlocking to home bypassing the swipe?

Also when screen is off and a call comes in your HTC style lock comes on and have to slide down to answer, is this correct? Or is it supposed to be the rotary lock as well?

The issue with touching menu to unlock is actually built into the vanilla lockscreen it's there by default. The incoming call/old lockscreen issue bothers me too lol it's a sense thing I haven't been able to get in and modify that particular image manually yet. I'm most likely won't due to the fact that I'm removing the vanilla lockscreen in my next release I was almost tarred and feathered over at XDA forums for putting it in it's more trouble than it's worth lol

sonar_chris

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
The issue with touching menu to unlock is actually built into the vanilla lockscreen it's there by default. The incoming call/old lockscreen issue bothers me too lol it's a sense thing I haven't been able to get in and modify that particular image manually yet. I'm most likely won't due to the fact that I'm removing the vanilla lockscreen in my next release I was almost tarred and feathered over at XDA forums for putting it in it's more trouble than it's worth lol

Thanks for the explanation on the menu unlock. I'm really looking forward to your next release as your rom is the only one I have tried that hasn't given me any force closed on anything. Tanks again for a high quality product.

GooTz66

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site

Thanks for the info. A friend of mine told me that the menu button unlock was built into vanilla lock, so i figured after that it was normal. He did say that in CM6 there was an option to enable/disable.

Why was everyone pissed at XDA? I thought it was a very nice addition.

Thanks for the explanation on the menu unlock. I'm really looking forward to your next release as your rom is the only one I have tried that hasn't given me any force closed on anything. Tanks again for a high quality product.

I thought the BFS1 "I told you so" ony worked on non-sense ROMs, how is it running with RR 2.0.3

sonar_chris

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
I thought the BFS1 "I told you so" ony worked on non-sense ROMs, how is it running with RR 2.0.3

Works just fine for my set up. I'm averaging 38+ in linpack scores and 1550-1600 on quadrent. No force closed apps and no freezing. So I would have to say that it works quite well.