[ROM] Uncommon Sense (v1.0) Release!

Cichlid78

May 29, 2010
Visit site
I don't have voice turn by turn in Navigation, just a tone when a turn is coming. Anyone else have this problem?

EDIT: User error! It was something I had done!

Also, someone asked before if there was a way to change what's on the dock bar from phone and browser, I'm curious too. Or it would be nice if the browser icon could be linked to open another browser like Dolphin. Any solutions?

Last edited:

mfj

Banned
Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
Is it normal for there to be this much gap from the top of the screen to the clock on the lock screen?

ScreenShot.png

PantsOnFire

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I don't have voice turn by turn in Navigation, just a tone when a turn is coming. Anyone else have this problem?

Also, someone asked before if there was a way to change what's on the dock bar from phone and browser, I'm curious too. Or it would be nice if the browser icon could be linked to open another browser like Dolphin. Any solutions?

I didn't have voice in nav the first time i used it but i backed out and went into settings and futz around with some settings for TTS, turning them off and back on and stuff and now i have voice in nav.

generous

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site

You betcha. I will be releasing several patches to map the right button to your favorite app. (mms, google voice, gmail, handcent, etc etc)

bkorver

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
Dear generous,

I have actually considered creating 9 more accounts on this forum so I could thank you nine more times for all your hard work. I applaud you in creating a masterpiece. Donation in route...

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
So today I decided to give this rom a try and I really like it. I have been trying a different rom's every other day for a week or so and this one will stay on for much longer.

Thanks generous

polizei

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
Is it possible to go back to stock on the clock?

First of all, thanks for all your work on this. It is a nice combination of features. I did find myself wanting to go back to the HTC Clock that 'single click' takes you to all the clocks/watches (stopwatch, countdown, alarms, etc.)

From the changelog, I can see that you modded this specifically. What do I need to do to tweak this back?

I tried unyaffing a previous backup and just copying over the HtcClockWidget.apk, but upon booting up again, the modded clock is gone and I get an error and the Htc Clock widget is nowhere to be found. Does anyone have a method for adding old widgets back in?

The only other issues I have is the inability to manually remove Facebook.apk, Hulu.apk, and the Friendstream.apk. I moved them out with adb, but they aren't disappearing from the home screen. If anyone has any hints here, I'm all ears.

Thanks in advance!

bkorver

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
My idea would be to use root explorer and go to system > apps and rename the .apk in question to .apk.bak . This would not remove it from the phone, but it would make it so that the phone doesn't recognize it as an app and won't run it as one. Therefore it won't show up in your app drawer or home screens...

dharr18

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
Does default kernel include tun.ko support? I am asking for vpn purposes. Just a minor question, I just want to know before I start loading apps, when I updated virtuous and loaded up my apps, I decided to try king 5 which sent me into a boot loop. My fault, I corrected by going with a hydra kernel. Long story as to why it was my fault, so I will just take the blame and move on.

generous

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Thanks!

Thanks so much for the kind words and donations! I'm glad you are enjoying uncommon.

I'm reading into your bug reports. If I see any sort of consistency, they will be addressed. So far, all I have seen were 'one-offs'.

I'm going to be super busy the next few days, so if you guys could help each other out with some of the more simple questions, that would be fantastic!

Take it easy!

dharr18

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
generous,
Quick question/bug I am looking into. There is an updated version of app folders, which I was using with Virtuous. The update, I believe from 1.08 to 1.1 includes a few features I liked, such as changing icons for easier identification and quick glances to see what I am looking for. Unfortunately when I attempt to update the app or restore what I have in Titanium BU it fails. From TBU it tells me it is a system file. I have tried updating perms through ROM manager but no success. Do you have 1.08 locked down since it is part of the task bar or is there a different way I need to go about updating it?

Flash is also failing to update from App Market, but that is less of a worry to me.

bkorver

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
App folders and flash 10.1 will not update through the market. Both of these apps have been modified and resigned INTENTIONALLY to prevent market updates. If a signifigant enough update comes out for one of those two apps that plays nice with uncommon, I'm sure we will be seeing V1.1 soon thereafter...

bkorver

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
so basically this is a straight 'recovery from nandroid backup' from Clockworkmod, right?

I just downloaded the ROM straight to my sd card and selected "install ROM from sd card" with rom manager. It will be in the downloads folder. Check backup and wipe, and rom manager will automatically reboot in recovery. Grab a beer and wait...

Last edited:

dharr18

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
App folders and flash 10.1 will not update through the market. Both of these apps have been modified and resigned INTENTIONALLY to prevent market updates. If a signifigant enough update comes out for one of those two apps that plays nice with uncommon, I'm sure we will be seeing V1.1 soon thereafter...

Thank you. I was assuming as much, just wanted verification.

KenB

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
Awesome ROM.

Only issue I've seen is the sounds slider on the lock screen has been rotated 90* a few times when I went to unlock the phone. It still works, the graphic is just turned.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781