Fascinate GUI on Incredible?

viso

Apr 30, 2010
bryan.istehwin.com
Has the GUI been ripped and ported yet?

I love my Incredible, but I played with a fascinate the other day and fell in love with the gui and the side scrolling

And custom roms running something like it?

PIYIRIO

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Only other thing like that is an iphone. Thats one thing I dont like about the fascinate. To each their own.

One thing I really love about the fascinate (aside from the exceptional battery life, and hardware) is the dialer. It could use some theming (the colors are like a kick to the eyes) but having the menu bring up pause and wait dialing shortcuts is nice.

sting0387

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
Unfortunately for us, I don't think there is much interest at all for a full rom to be built for the incredible. There is the launcher from the fascinate that you can download and install, which gives you the same functionality the samsung phones have.

For me, I personally like how the whole phone is done, not just the launcher. I'm talking about the lock screen, the system menus, etc. Guess I'm out of luck as well :(

viso

Apr 30, 2010
bryan.istehwin.com
Unfortunately for us, I don't think there is much interest at all for a full rom to be built for the incredible. There is the launcher from the fascinate that you can download and install, which gives you the same functionality the samsung phones have.

For me, I personally like how the whole phone is done, not just the launcher. I'm talking about the lock screen, the system menus, etc. Guess I'm out of luck as well :(

Glad someone feels the same.

Whats the name of the samsung launcher?

sting0387

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
Its called touchwiz 3.0. You can find it by googling it. When you install it and open it on the incredible you might think its broken because its missing 3 of the 4 bottom dock buttons but what it is though is that they are not mapped with anything. You install it, goto the app screen, hit settings or something to that effect and you can drag and drop what you want to be on the dock bar, so a dailer, messages, browser or whatever 3 things you want. I used it for awhile but I just recently switched back to launcher pro. Reason is that even though the touchwiz launcher does work and it makes all the icons nice and uniform, it is nowhere near as fluid on the incredible as it is on the galaxy s phones. Its tolerable but definitely not as smooth as it is on the galaxy phones.

Last edited:

lcsglvr

Apr 11, 2010
Visit site
You should check out the incredible forum at xda. They have a bunch of custom roms there.also check out MIUI rom. This is the rom that I'm using and really like it. Not that iphoney. I use it with king kernel 1,or else it is a bit laggy.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=787941

And

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtube_gdata_player&v=qT48H5VrsmM

Last edited:

sting0387

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
After some more searching I did find that someone did make a Galaxy S theme to use on the incredible. You have to flash cyanogen 6.x to get it to work though. I installed the nightly build from 10/3/10 and installed the following theme using meta morph [Theme] [Morph] GS Theme & Desire HD Themes 9/28/10 - xda-developers

My phone now looks exactly like a galaxy s phone =D.

I did have a few small problems to get it to work but nothing was a super pita. If you need help just post and I'll help you out. FYI don't flash the theme with the nightly builds, it wont work. You must use the meta morphs for now

DJNIKEL

Oct 27, 2010
Visit site
You should check out the incredible forum at xda. They have a bunch of custom roms there.also check out MIUI rom. This is the rom that I'm using and really like it. Not that iphoney. I use it with king kernel 1,or else it is a bit laggy.

are u having trouble with htc and verizon apps showing up? Im using MIUI too and i LOVE the way it looks and feels but I miss my NFL mobile, Skype and the HTC widgets...especially the contacts menu and the dialer...lol I cant even figure out speed dial on this. Are you able to use MIUI with these features? I'm new to this so I don't know what Kernal I'm using but I'm not having trouble with lag...just what I mentioned. Any help would be great.