1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Newbe Question about Battery Hacks

Hello,

Before you read this I want to thank anyone that has read through this post.

I've been looking through these forums and other places, but I haven't found a post/article about a kernel that just makes the battery life better. I want everything to stay the same, but just have a better battery life.

Is there a place that has a collection of all the mods/hacks/roms? ( Not where they are just posted in the forum more like androidcenteral.com device section )

Thank you

Global Posts
    847 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Hydra has a kernel that runs stock speed but undervolts the battery, thus saving you battery life. Click on the link in my sig to download...
    "In valor, there is hope."
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

on the stock 13** battery how much more time do you get?

Also can you link me a good page on how to install it and uninstall it?

Global Posts
    847 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I usually have anywhere from 38 to 42 percent left when I put it on the charger every night. As far as install goes, the easiest way is to click on the link in my sig with your phone. It will download the kernel to your sd card. From there just open up rom manager and select install from sd card. It will be in the downloads folder. Make sure you check back up current rom, and in a day or two if you start to have stability issues, you can restore your backup through rom manager or boot in recovery and restore, whatever suits your fancy.

Quote Originally Posted by bkorver View Post
    I usually have anywhere from 38 to 42 percent left when I put it on the charger every night. As far as install goes, the easiest way is to click on the link in my sig with your phone. It will download the kernel to your sd card. From there just open up rom manager and select install from sd card. It will be in the downloads folder. Make sure you check back up current rom, and in a day or two if you start to have stability issues, you can restore your backup through rom manager or boot in recovery and restore, whatever suits your fancy.

Are you using setcpu as well? I just flashed this kernel and so far it doesn't seem like much of an improvement.

Global Posts
    847 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

It didn't on mine at first, either. It took about 24 to 36 hours to "settle down". Since then I am very happy with the results. Not using set pcu.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    325 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Meckin View Post
    Hello,

Before you read this I want to thank anyone that has read through this post.

I've been looking through these forums and other places, but I haven't found a post/article about a kernel that just makes the battery life better. I want everything to stay the same, but just have a better battery life.

Is there a place that has a collection of all the mods/hacks/roms? ( Not where they are just posted in the forum more like androidcenteral.com device section )

Thank you
    I've got the big boy battery...the 3500 Seido...but I still run Adrynalyne's custom kernel in just about any ROM I'm playing with.

I have NOT had good luck with King's kernels and battery life...or stability of the phone in general, for that matter.

Your mileage may vary. Tax, tags and title extra.
    ROM du jour: Myn's Warm Two Point Two
    Radio: 2.15.00.09.01
    Kernel: HeyItsLou-2.6.32.17-Cifs-Tun-Ext4-WN
    Battery: Mother of All Batteries (Seido 3500mAh)

Quote Originally Posted by bkorver View Post
    Hydra has a kernel that runs stock speed but undervolts the battery, thus saving you battery life. Click on the link in my sig to download...
    do you need any special rom for this or can it be used with virtuous?

Global Posts
    847 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

The only way to find out is to try it. Kernels are not ROM specific. Some ROMs play nice with some kernels but not others. That's why there are 5 Hydra kernels, 5 Kings kernels, and several others as well. Try it out, give it some time to settle down, and if it you aren't happy, try another one. I tried about 6 kernels before I found the one I liked. Just don't forget to back up before start...

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

oh ok...im still pretty new to rooting and roms. my brother showed me the way. dling it now and givin it a week and see what happens. thanks

Global Posts
    395 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock TouchWiz

Any way to change the charging speed while the phone is ON?
    My stock 2.2 Incredible takes about twice as long to charge if the phone is ON...

bkorver is right. kernals seem to work differently for different people even though they are on the same phone and ROM. Play around and see which one works best for you.

Quote Originally Posted by KB3MMX View Post
    Any way to change the charging speed while the phone is ON?
    My stock 2.2 Incredible takes about twice as long to charge if the phone is ON...
    Nope. Sorry, not that I know of.

I got the 2150mah extended battery from verizon and wasnt seeing much of a difference and I read a lot on here and xda and I decided to charge my phone to 100%, delete the batterybin file and start from scratch, this was about a 2 weeks ago. Now my battery lasts about 36-40 hrs of uptime and I use my phone pretty heavily, I send and receive almost 1000 texts a day, I am constantly on the phone and I use wifi and have my phone on as a 3g hotspot most of the day...

I am also running virtuous 3.0.1 and King Kernel #4, I have setcpu set to ondemand and task manager set to kill conservatively every hour. Hope this helps some.

Sorry for the Typo, Im running King Kernel #5
    Last edited by jesselazansky; 10-15-2010 at 12:39 AM. Reason: typo
    * HTC DROID INCREDIBLE
    * FROYO
    * VIRTUOUS 3.0.1
    * KING KERNEL #5
    * REVOLUTION THEME/LAUNCH PRO MODIFIED
    * LOVE MY INC