Where is The Sticky (Needed) For Roms, Kernels and Radios.. I'm Confused.

Fabrian

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
In the interim of deciding whether or not to keep this Incredible or go back to the Damned DX, I start looking here for the, what I think is, a nice easy way to root so I can have my screen cap and tether.

I looked around till I got dizzy and I think the most information about what Roms and related info I found was in some people sigs.

I didn't even realize there was a cocktail of Roms+radios+kernels.

Can anyone at least point me in some sensible direction?

Ty.

TreyDaPrince

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site
I said the same thing coming from the D1 and its forums. This place needs help.

I created a thread discussing this and I'm going to talk to McClarry about doing something. He and I go back to the D1 days.

pheatton

Mar 30, 2010
Visit site
For rooting the Incredible is pretty simple. I used Unrevoked last night, worked like a charm.

unrevoked

I downloaded the app and needed drivers. Then installed the drivers and ran the app. Pretty simple.

All this does is give you root access and permanently unlock NAND write protection.

TreyDaPrince

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site
I don't think he's talking about just rooting. The sticky is there for that. But what about all the other goodies? They're all over the place haha

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I'm going to try to clean this forum up with the help of all of you so if you have any suggestions or would like to start a sticky thread let me know.

Reactions: Cory Streater

TreyDaPrince

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site
I'm going to start working on it tomorrow. Have a preliminary post up and reserve some spots thereafter. Hopefully, I'll have it done by the end of the week. If anyone would like to help shoot me your gtalk or gmail to my pm.

Reactions: Cory Streater

_JKK_

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
I'll help if i can. I just had a look around the forum at other root sections, and ours is at the very bottom of the quality/ ease of use list (which is ironic, because we have a lot of ROMs, kernels, etc. compared to some phones).

Anyways, I'll help if I can, but i just am not sure if i know enough to offer in depth guides to others. I'm willing to learn and try, though.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay