SkyRaider 3.3 Final

Chris3030

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
Many are having reboot issues with this rom. Just an FYI. ;)

As am I. Love the flip clock, hate the lock screen. On that note, whenever the phone is locked, it reboots when I try to wake it and I have followed the instructions to a T. This is obviously a dealbreaker for me so I reverted to 2.5.2. I'll check 3.3 out in about a week to see if the bugs have been fixed, if not I will pass on it and wait for the next skyraider rom.

FD2

Shadow Lurker
Aug 9, 2009
Visit site
As am I. Love the flip clock, hate the lock screen. On that note, whenever the phone is locked, it reboots when I try to wake it and I have followed the instructions to a T. This is obviously a dealbreaker for me so I reverted to 2.5.2. I'll check 3.3 out in about a week to see if the bugs have been fixed, if not I will pass on it and wait for the next skyraider rom.

You should just install the working flip clock on 2.5.2.
Its working perfectly on a stock deodexed rom for me. No longer FC's.

dougdirt

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
Same "exact" issue with me last night. Real bummer as that was my first ever attempt to flash a rom. Makes me feel a little better that you had the same problem. Looked real promising though.

fillossofer

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I was running SR 3.1 and loved it, tried Uncommon Sense and have had that for a few weeks now and really like it. I was waiting for SR final, but I think I'll hold off flashing it if people are having problems with it. IMO SkyRaider is one of the best custom ROMS out there.

johndengler

May 14, 2010
Visit site
I gave this Rom a shot and was also had a couple of reboot issues so I am back on Virtuous. The ROM looks really good and the features that were added were pretty incredible, including the flip clock, recent apps in the notification pull down (which somehow stopped working) and the really great boot animation. I'll give it another try once things get ironed out more.

rpfarrah

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Been running this ROM since last night. No issues whatsoever: it's fast stable, and clean. Be sure to READ the OP and follow the instructions.

Chris3030

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
Same "exact" issue with me last night. Real bummer as that was my first ever attempt to flash a rom. Makes me feel a little better that you had the same problem. Looked real promising though.

I would not let that discourage you from flashing another ROM or kernel. I would strongly recommend that you give any other skyraider rom with the exception of 3.3 a try. You will enjoy and appreciate the phone that much more.

Can any of you point me in the direction of the 2.5.2 flip clock? Is it an app or do I have to flash it.

With regards to following the directions of the OP, I have done so including a full wipe. This seems to be a common response to people on the xda thread who are looking for help in resolving the rebooting problem. Make no mistake about it, this is a major flaw in the ROM which needs to be resolved because it looks like a lot of thought and work has gone into this highly anticipated ROM and its a shame that it is for the most part unusable.

dougdirt

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
Chris,
I'm gonna try again in a few hours. From xda I found that you have to be s-off. I was s-on. Did unrevoked forever and that was a piece of cake. I didn't see anything in the instructions about being s-off by the way. S-off and 2.15 radio and I should be good to go.

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I've been running this Rom for 24 hours now with out any problems. Everything seems smooth and fast this might stay on my phone for awhile.

easy1jay

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
Been running smoothly as well, although I'm also using the stock kernel.
I've found on the 3.2 RC before this however, my phone would have it's random reboots and occasional lags when using King's #5.

KJowers

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
For me the ROM flashing went a heck of a lot smoother than the unrevoked3. That's not a slam against Unrevoked, just a slam on my "mad ***" skills! LOL
But it was definitely worth it! Skyraider is all that I read it would be.

MBSMD

Feb 7, 2010
Visit site
I'm also running SkyRaider Sense 3.3. I added the espresso Rosie bar mod with phone on the left and the browser on the right. Most excellent.

So far, it's running quite well, with one exception. Lock and notification sounds are muffled or don't work at all for the first 10 minutes or so after booting. Then they seem to start working on their own. No idea why. Everything was wiped prior to installing. Occurs with the stock kernel for sure. Installed Kingxkernel #5 BFS last night, so I'll give that a try and see what happens. Not sure if it's a ROM issue or a kernel issue.

But, aside from the issue above, I'll keep this as my daily driver for now.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1