i think i've screwed something up

carpetbagger

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
so last week, i tried running some updates and all hell broke loose. the phone went into a constant state of rebooting. eventually, it decided to ignore the fact that i had the phone set to vibrate, and started saying droid everytime it rebooted. in addition, it wiped my custom "scene" and all of my homepages.

so i try doing a system restore and it still acts up. i call vzw, and they tell me to call *228 (or #228) and hit option 1. i do that, and somehow the phone starts working again...until today. now so i want to completely remove everything and go back to stock. the only thing i have done to my phone is run unrevoked forever, add the splash screen, and download wifi teather.

(1) i've tried finding a way to remove my unrevoked splash screen, but everything i see talks about adding (not deleting the splash screen). great. if anyone can point me in the right direction to remove the splash screen, i would appreciate it.

(2) i tried using a system backup on my phone from august, and all it did was cycle between the vzw screen and the htc quietly brilliant screen. i pulled the battery, and now it gets to the lock screen, except i cannot slide it down to unlock. as a result, the phone storage is not formatting and therefore not mounting on my desktop. i'm not sure how i am going to load any zips onto the card if i can't get it to mount to my computer.

any suggestions?

rpfarrah

May 3, 2010
Visit site
No, you don't have to do that. Download ROM manager and give Virtuous or Skyraider a shot. Both are very stable ROMs. Be sure to WIPE everything as part of that process (ROM Manager will ask you and you simply say yes). After rebooting, then do *228 option 1. See if that doesn't fix you up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech