Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Best kernal BFS/CFS for DInc...

Hello all

I wanted to see what the forums opinion on which kernal works best for the DInc running Uncommon Sense 1.1?

Thanks in advance

-g
    mfj
    Banned

Hydra's overclocked undervolted kernel at 1.152 GHz works phenomenal for me!
    Thanked by:
    gnetiv 
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by mfj View Post
    Hydra's overclocked undervolted kernel at 1.152 GHz works phenomenal for me!
    mfj

How long have you been rocking the kernal? Do you happen to have a benchmark snapshot? Last one, hows battery life with it?

Thanks
    mfj
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by gnetiv View Post
    mfj

How long have you been rocking the kernal? Do you happen to have a benchmark snapshot? Last one, hows battery life with it?

Thanks
    I don't have a benchmark snapshot to upload right now. I can get one later. My typical linpack score is between 37 and 39 MFLOPS. Battery life is OKAY at best. But I use overclock widget and constantly run my processor at 1.152 GHz. I suppose that battery life would be better if I didn't always run it at top speeds.
    mfj
    Banned

Oh and I've been using this kernel for about a month now?
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Thanks for the info mfj. I'll give hydra's kernal a shot...i can always go back to stock if its not for me. Thanks again!

Ive been running uncommon 1.1 and hydras undervolt kernel. Every once in a while i get alittle lag on typing, but battery life is awesome for the Dinc. Pretty easily getting a full day without problem.
    Thanked by:
    gnetiv 

Quote Originally Posted by jimracing657 View Post
    Ive been running uncommon 1.1 and hydras undervolt kernel. Every once in a while i get alittle lag on typing, but battery life is awesome for the Dinc. Pretty easily getting a full day without problem.
    +1. Thats what I have been rocking and that extended my battery life immensely
    What you discover in a democracy is that it is difficult to build a house when each nail has an opinion. ~Robert Brault

Running:
    FROYO
    Redemption 2.0.4
    Unrevoked Forever
    Kernel: Hydra Stock Speed Undervolt V.05
    Radio: 2.15.00.07.28
    Thanked by:
    gnetiv 
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Thanks all. I'll definitely give it a run here shortly. Flashing ROMs like crazy right now...like a kid in a candy store! Uncommon Sense 1.1 is so far still my fav. Once I restore my backup I'll throw the Hydra kernal on.

-g

Its always best to start with the first and go from there. Seriously, every phone is different. Just depends on how your phone will react to it.

For a good list:
    Roms & Mods HQ
    Thanked by:
    gnetiv 

My vote goes to kings bfs 5. Before this I was lucky to make it half way through the day. Now I still have half a charge when I plug it in to go to bed. Im also overclocked to 1.19 on demand. It has made this phone truly live up to its name.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Trey:
    Its always best to start with the first and go from there. Seriously, every phone is different. Just depends on how your phone will react to it.
    True...I tried out Ruby 1.1 w/ the Hydra Overclocked Undervolted 1.15ghz v1.0 and locked it up...had to do a Nandroid restore. I do like the Hydra kernal w/ Uncommon but battery life isn't that great. Not to bad of an issue since I keep it plugged in when I'm at work.

Damn:
    My vote goes to kings bfs 5. Before this I was lucky to make it half way through the day. Now I still have half a charge when I plug it in to go to bed. Im also overclocked to 1.19 on demand. It has made this phone truly live up to its name.
    Gonna give that a try. Still new to the overclock game, so did u just use setCPU to Overclock?

Thanks all

-g

Quote Originally Posted by gnetiv View Post
    Trey:

True...I tried out Ruby 1.1 w/ the Hydra Overclocked Undervolted 1.15ghz v1.0 and locked it up...had to do a Nandroid restore. I do like the Hydra kernal w/ Uncommon but battery life isn't that great. Not to bad of an issue since I keep it plugged in when I'm at work.

Damn:

Gonna give that a try. Still new to the overclock game, so did u just use setCPU to Overclock?

Thanks all

-g
    Yup, set cpu to overclock. Also made a profile to underclock to minimum when the screen is off so I think that helped. The unlock screen is kind of laggy that way but after that everything is awesome.
    Thanked by:
    gnetiv 
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

Yup, set cpu to overclock. Also made a profile to underclock to minimum when the screen is off so I think that helped. The unlock screen is kind of laggy that way but after that everything is awesome.
    Thanks Damn...gonna read up more on it and give it a try.

Good luck man, once you become comfortable with flashing roms and kernals and you find what works best for you, you are absolutely going to love this phone. It is by far the best phone I have ever used.

Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP

Quote Originally Posted by Damn_Smooth View Post
    When creating profiles for screen off...make sure you don't underclock it too low. You might miss some calls due to how slow the phone wakes up when a call is received. If you start getting voicemails and no missed calls, thats why.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by rugbyua9 View Post
    When creating profiles for screen off...make sure you don't underclock it too low. You might miss some calls due to how slow the phone wakes up when a call is received. If you start getting voicemails and no missed calls, thats why.
    Thanks for the heads up man, I haven't had it happen yet but better safe than sorry.