Succesfull Root

Anastasi G

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Finally after researching and figuring out the drivers i rooted.
Im searching for a stable ROM and the way to fix my battery now i have the wifi tethering working so if you any suggestions will be very grateful

thechemE#CB

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
right now im using skyraider vanilla 3.0 RC3 rom and i'm loving it. it is only the second rom i have flashed (the first being redemptive r_EVOlution) and i don't see myself flashing any other. Both run fast and smooth. I decided to couple mine with kingxkernal #5/#5 falling up. With it you can overclock the kernal as well as just leave it at stock speeds. It utilizes havs which to my understanding (someone please correct me if im wrong) monitors the cpu speed and adjusts the voltages outputted to save battery life. It is supposed to have good battery life from what i have read, however ive been too busy overclocking to test that part out yet:p

*Edit This is directly pulled from kingxklick's site, i didn't write these explanations

"So, just as the name implies, this is an HTC Incredible kernel with SVS (Static Voltage Scaling) & HAVS (Hybrid Adaptive Voltage Scaling.) A huge thanks to estes for the havs code and raven for being the first to implement it into the nexus kernel. What this does is provide SUPERIOR BATTERY life with stability to boot. Just flash the .zip in your favorite recovery image. Enjoy and post any bugs with a logcat please."

"Also, a little info on HAVS and AVS:

The purpose of HAVS is to minimize the power used by the CPU by determining
and setting the optimal voltage. At the same time, the maximum voltage by
which HAVS can scale to is fixed to a specified voltage depending on the
CPU frequency in order to prevent scaling to a higher voltage than what is
normally used at a specified voltage. The optimal voltage is actively determined
for each frequency and temperature. HAVS actively adjusts the CPU voltage as the
CPU frequency and temperature changes."

thechemE#CB

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
if you rooted with unrevoked 3.21 i believe it automatically s-offed for you. I thought i read somewhere it is an all in one tool?

Let me know how you like skyraider sense rom. I miss my clock/weather widget :( but love the performance and speed from the vanilla rom.

*Edit just checked my hboot, it says s-off so if you ran unrevoked 3.21 no need to run unrevoked forever for getting s-off

Anastasi G

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Im really impressed super sleek and fast didnt crash zero lag hibernate mode is amazing seeing as i live in ny and the subway sure kills battery searching for service i really want to download vanilla to see the difference but maybe later i have this rom fixes the battery issue otherwise really happy with the changes.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar