Let me root your phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Upstreammiami

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
For does of you scared to root, I can help I'm willing to help everyone in here. I use TeamViewer - Free Remote Access and Remote Desktop Sharing over the Internet to remote access your computer.

I will also teach you how to flash kernels, themes and roms.

Here is my Gtalk or on AIM: upstreammiami
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
how to block a update???
using rootexplore on your phone.
in /system/etc/security/ change the files
otacerts.zip
cacerts.bks

to

BAKotacerts.zip
BAKcacerts.bks

apps to use when rooted:

Wireless: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12352795/apk's/wireless_tether_2_0_5-pre11.apk

poweramp: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12352795/apk's/com.maxmpz.audioplayer.v1.0.113.apk

feel free to donate:

Last edited by a moderator:

Goofypook

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
The only reason I asked, is because Im pretty busy and dont know if we can make it work between us. I want to root, and have followed the unrevoked status step by step, but im stuck for some reason..

Upstreammiami

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
The only reason I asked, is because Im pretty busy and dont know if we can make it work between us. I want to root, and have followed the unrevoked status step by step, but im stuck for some reason..

I don't work on the weekends so anytime is good . To root it takes about 5 minutes

packerbacker

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
Can I have you explain how to flash kernels, themes, and roms, even though I don't have a Dinc? Unless it varies by phone. Fascinates don't really have ROMs yet, but when they do...

Knightslugger

Sep 2, 2010
Visit site
With unrEVOked 3, it's a single click root.

if you're one of the scared, it's only because the process might brick the phone, although the likely-hood of that is incredibly low. the process of doing it is so easy, a caveman could do it.

Reactions: nate3382

DikaiaKnight

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
I have been curious to root but haven't because I do not really have an urge to put an custom rom on my DInc so what is the point of rooting. Still up in the air about it

Knightslugger

Sep 2, 2010
Visit site
Just want to know what ROMs and Kernels are. Thanks. :)

ROMs are basically what you look at and interact with while using the phone. nothing more really than an Operating system like Windows or Mac OS X or Linux.

Kernels are basically what most would consider a BIOS. It's what the OS talks to in order to get things done. it controls a plethora of firmware and hardware in order for the hand held to work. this could mean varying the voltage to the processor, increasing frequency to boot performance or lowering voltage to conserve battery life. things of that nature.

BBBandit

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
I guess I still one of those nervous ones. I came from a blackberry and know nothing about this phones inner workings. Is it a big benefit to do it.

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Its a benefit if you would like to delete all the extra apps Verizon decided to put on your phone, want to modify more of your phone, try different ROMs and Kernals. I believe the benefit is huge and once you play around I'm sure you would agree.

I wouldn't be nervous its a very easy process and once rooted you can make nandroid (Backups) of your phone so if anything goes wrong you can restore them.

BBBandit

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
Yeah. Would love to get rid of some stuff VZW has put on the phone. I am still trying to learn about his stuff. New things make me a little nervous I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad