1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Exclamation No Recovery in ClockworkMod (Black Screen)

I installed unrEVOked forever and them installed ClockworkMod 2.5.05 and i have no recovery. It is just a black screen and I cannot load any zip files. This also does the same thing in HBOOT Recovery. How can I fix this or do I need to use a different recovery? I really need to resolve this prior to flashing ROMs.

DInc S-OFF
    2.15.00.7.28 Radio
    ClockworkMod 2.5.0.5

Global Posts
    2,192 Global Posts
    ROM
    JB

Quote Originally Posted by Deckard_9732 View Post
    I installed unrEVOked forever and them installed ClockworkMod 2.5.05 and i have no recovery. It is just a black screen and I cannot load any zip files. This also does the same thing in HBOOT Recovery. How can I fix this or do I need to use a different recovery? I really need to resolve this prior to flashing ROMs.

DInc S-OFF
    2.15.00.7.28 Radio
    ClockworkMod 2.5.0.5
    do u have the new htc inc screen
    I'm the ROOT man
    G Talk: Upstreammiami3o5
    Let me help you ROOT your phone
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

How do I know if I have the new screen?

Global Posts
    2,192 Global Posts
    ROM
    JB

How do I know if I have the new screen?
    dont know man if u got it in less then a month then for sure is slcd
    I'm the ROOT man
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

I just got it yesterday.....It says it was mfg in Jul 2010? It did come with the current revisions of software. I did install your cwm_mod.zip that you said might fix it and I now can do backups but with the black screen. I still cannot use "Reboot into Recovery"
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Default No Recovery in ClockworkMod (Black Screen) FIXED!!!!!

After Rooting and Unlocking NAND (S-OFF) with unrEVOked3 which defaults with the unrEVOked Forever option. This saves an entire step and is a 1-Click root with the exception of Windows users who must first load the HBOOT Drivers. Next download the ClockworkMod Recovery ROM Manager from the market and install it as a superuser. At this point don't panic because if you have Android 2.2, Boot 0.92, and the SLCD Screen it will be BLACK w/White bars on the sides in Recovery Mode. The recovery options are working and available under the BLACK SCREEN. These are the instructions to fix the video screen and remove the Black Screen. Here you go enjoy your custom ROMs!!!

Q: I rooted and now I only see a black screen with white bars in recovery mode?

There is an issue with the Android 2.2,Boot 0.92, the SLCD Screen and the "Recovery" option. Our friend Adrynalyne has made his super scroll recovery that supports the new DInc's with the SLCD screen. As long as you have S-OFF you can flash this through HBOOT and carry on about your happy hacking ways. Download this file

MD5: 0C000258F92D981861BADAA42D09E922

Make sure your your Micro SDHC Card is formatted to FAT32.(Backup and Format if needed) Rename the file PB31IMG.zip and put on the root of SDHC card. (Root means not in any folders)

Boot into HBOOT by powering down the device and power it back up by pressing the Vol Down and Power at the same time. The phone will ask you if you want to update Recovery? Toggle the Vol Up to select "Yes". After it is finished it will ask you if you want to Reboot? Toggle the Vol Up to select "Yes".

Promptly connect your phone to the computer and access the SDHC Card and remove the PB31IMG.zip file. Exit out and backup your ROM with the nandroid backup through ClockworkMod ROM Manager. You have successfully saved yourself from owning a $600 paperweight.

What's that you say? You don't want to use HBOOT? Fine then. Simply extract the file above. Open unrEVOked3 with the phone unpluged and select File>Custom Recovery. Then select the recovery.img from the extracted zip. Plug in your phone, enable usb debugging and run the root tool.

All credit for this file goes to Adrynalyne and Doug Piston for his post. Thanks!!!

The download link doesn't work.Says page not found. Anyone got a working link?
    After Rooting and Unlocking NAND (S-OFF) with unrEVOked3 which defaults with the unrEVOked Forever option. This saves an entire step and is a 1-Click root with the exception of Windows users who must first load the HBOOT Drivers. Next download the ClockworkMod Recovery ROM Manager from the market and install it as a superuser. At this point don't panic because if you have Android 2.2, Boot 0.92, and the SLCD Screen it will be BLACK w/White bars on the sides in Recovery Mode. The recovery options are working and available under the BLACK SCREEN. These are the instructions to fix the video screen and remove the Black Screen. Here you go enjoy your custom ROMs!!!

Q: I rooted and now I only see a black screen with white bars in recovery mode?

There is an issue with the Android 2.2,Boot 0.92, the SLCD Screen and the "Recovery" option. Our friend Adrynalyne has made his super scroll recovery that supports the new DInc's with the SLCD screen. As long as you have S-OFF you can flash this through HBOOT and carry on about your happy hacking ways. Download this file

MD5: 0C000258F92D981861BADAA42D09E922

Make sure your your Micro SDHC Card is formatted to FAT32.(Backup and Format if needed) Rename the file PB31IMG.zip and put on the root of SDHC card. (Root means not in any folders)

Boot into HBOOT by powering down the device and power it back up by pressing the Vol Down and Power at the same time. The phone will ask you if you want to update Recovery? Toggle the Vol Up to select "Yes". After it is finished it will ask you if you want to Reboot? Toggle the Vol Up to select "Yes".

Promptly connect your phone to the computer and access the SDHC Card and remove the PB31IMG.zip file. Exit out and backup your ROM with the nandroid backup through ClockworkMod ROM Manager. You have successfully saved yourself from owning a $600 paperweight.

What's that you say? You don't want to use HBOOT? Fine then. Simply extract the file above. Open unrEVOked3 with the phone unpluged and select File>Custom Recovery. Then select the recovery.img from the extracted zip. Plug in your phone, enable usb debugging and run the root tool.

All credit for this file goes to Adrynalyne and Doug Piston for his post. Thanks!!!

Global Posts
    2,192 Global Posts
    ROM
    JB

place it in the root of ur sd card. boot up to hboot and press vol up to upgrade
    I'm the ROOT man
    Thanked by:

worked perfectly!!

Global Posts
    5 Global Posts

Default Re: No Recovery in ClockworkMod (Black Screen)

I am haveing the same issue as well.

Global Posts
    5 Global Posts

Is there any other place besides Doug Piston's site that has the PB31IMG_cwm_mod.zip file? HJis site seems to be down or he is in blackout.

Global Posts
    5 Global Posts

Default Re: No Recovery in ClockworkMod (Black Screen) FIXED!!!!!

This would all work if Doug Piston's site were up but I think he is in blackout. Does anyone else have the file they can email me or post?

CRIPES does anyone have a working link to these files? i sure could use them now, i've got the black screen with white borders..

Global Posts
    4,265 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM-7

The latest clockwork PB31IMG and other former dougpiston files are here:

Some say that his dormant chips were left that way for YOUR SAFETY... Others say that once "turned on," he can not be turned off... All we know is... He's called The Stig.