Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    112 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7, Skyraider 4.0

Default htc sync removal?

I'm probably going to root soon because of what im seeing the new update has in store for us. I'll probably use unrevoked and i noticed that it says unistall htc sync. im not entirely sure i even installed it when i plugged my phone in? i know this is noobish lol but i want to make sure when i root its flawless. so where do i look to be sure its not installed on my computer?
    Phone: Rooted Droid Incredible
    ROM: CM7 offical!

Global Posts
    340 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by s_franchise View Post
    I'm probably going to root soon because of what im seeing the new update has in store for us. I'll probably use unrevoked and i noticed that it says unistall htc sync. im not entirely sure i even installed it when i plugged my phone in? i know this is noobish lol but i want to make sure when i root its flawless. so where do i look to be sure its not installed on my computer?
    HTC sync is installed on PCs. It will interfere with establishing a connection for pushing the adb commands needed for root.

Uninstall it in control panel, then install the Android Developer's SDK package.
    ROM du jour: Myn's Warm Two Point Two
    Radio: 2.15.00.09.01
    Kernel: HeyItsLou-2.6.32.17-Cifs-Tun-Ext4-WN
    Battery: Mother of All Batteries (Seido 3500mAh)
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    112 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7, Skyraider 4.0

thank you! i wanted to start the whole process didnt want to get hung up on that part
    Phone: Rooted Droid Incredible
    ROM: CM7 offical!

Default Re: htc sync removal?

Im running into the same problem but I do not see the htc sync in the uninstall program in my computer. Where else would it be?

Global Posts
    4,265 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM-7

If you don't see it in Add/Remove programs then it is not installed.
    Some say that his dormant chips were left that way for YOUR SAFETY... Others say that once "turned on," he can not be turned off... All we know is... He's called The Stig.

Everytime I try to use the HTC sync my computer freezes. I have tried to remove the program but I get a mesage that the windows installern is not correctly installed - any help ?

Global Posts
    4,265 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM-7

You could try installing the latest version and then uninstalling it. You can download it here: Tools | PvilleComp's
    Some say that his dormant chips were left that way for YOUR SAFETY... Others say that once "turned on," he can not be turned off... All we know is... He's called The Stig.