can I 'undo' unrevoked3?

jeanna

Oct 30, 2010
Visit site
I tried to figure out how to flash roms on my phone, but I cant figure it out... i used unrevoked 3, not really knowing what it does and i have the rom manager and superuser permission tabs in my apps, and i don't know what they're for.
and with the system update that keeps popping up, im afraid to install after having used the unrevoked3 program thing. I dont even know how to flash a rom for petes sake.
all i wanted to do was be able to delete applications on the phone that are locked on ...
(amazon mp3, app sharing, car panel, city ID, fb, footprints, friend stream, gmail, google search, latitude, navigator, news, news and weather, peep, places, quickoffice, skpye, stocks, talk, teeter, voice recorder, voice dialer, voice search, vz navigator)
ill be honest, i almost wish i had stayed with a plain cheapy-phone. The main purpose i use my phone for is to play music, surf the web, check my email, text, make calls, and camera. i want something that does just that with no fluff, there's too many extras.
and another problem im having - i had installed juicedefender when i had first gotten this the phone, it uninstalled itself somehow today, and now when i press the screen the touch-vibrate feature vanished, and i dont know how to get it back.
I assumed using unrevoked3 giving me 'superuser premissions' (whatever that means) would let me delete all the apps that i can't delete now ( i mean why do i really need clock AND desk clock? ...arent they doing the same thing?)
I feel like verizon was going on the right path when they let android make a new ui but it just got all sorts of messed up when they started selling out and making stock apps locked on for good.
any answers need to be spoonfed to me, i have NO clue what im doing or what any of the mumbojumbo means. heeeelp!

iBowToAndroid

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
I tried to figure out how to flash roms on my phone, but I cant figure it out... i used unrevoked 3, not really knowing what it does and i have the rom manager and superuser permission tabs in my apps, and i don't know what they're for.
and with the system update that keeps popping up, im afraid to install after having used the unrevoked3 program thing. I dont even know how to flash a rom for petes sake.
all i wanted to do was be able to delete applications on the phone that are locked on ...
(amazon mp3, app sharing, car panel, city ID, fb, footprints, friend stream, gmail, google search, latitude, navigator, news, news and weather, peep, places, quickoffice, skpye, stocks, talk, teeter, voice recorder, voice dialer, voice search, vz navigator)
ill be honest, i almost wish i had stayed with a plain cheapy-phone. The main purpose i use my phone for is to play music, surf the web, check my email, text, make calls, and camera. i want something that does just that with no fluff, there's too many extras.
and another problem im having - i had installed juicedefender when i had first gotten this the phone, it uninstalled itself somehow today, and now when i press the screen the touch-vibrate feature vanished, and i dont know how to get it back.
I assumed using unrevoked3 giving me 'superuser premissions' (whatever that means) would let me delete all the apps that i can't delete now ( i mean why do i really need clock AND desk clock? ...arent they doing the same thing?)
I feel like verizon was going on the right path when they let android make a new ui but it just got all sorts of messed up when they started selling out and making stock apps locked on for good.
any answers need to be spoonfed to me, i have NO clue what im doing or what any of the mumbojumbo means. heeeelp!

Have you really deleted all those apps above that you mentioned?

Hitch_Itch

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
If you want to get rid of the bloatware from verizon, just download titanium backup, there is an option to freeze apps that you dont want, Works great

jeanna

Oct 30, 2010
Visit site
I want to delete all of thoes apps, i haven't. i just don't know how to do it.

its not that i want to freeze them, as much as i want them completely off of my device so when i open up my apps there isnt so much extra stuff to look at.

the link to xda developers makes me more confused and lost i don't understand half of what therye talking about.

is it safe to install the update after running unrevoked3?
i don't think i have enough knowledge about any of the technology or programs that i should even be messing with any of it at this point anymore.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20