The weirdest thing my Incredible has ever done, plays Grateful Dead on wifi tether

technomom

May 16, 2010
Visit site
OK, this is the most bizarre thing I've ever seen.

I rooted my phone a couple of months ago and installed Wifi Tether. It had been working without incident for a while.

But as of yesterday, it will start playing music whenever an external system connects via the tether. It buzzes to confirm the connection, tethers okay but then it plays a song! It only plays the one song, then stops. OK, if you must know, the song is Grateful Dead's Box of Rain which happens to be in my library.

I'm sure this is some misguided thing where it thinks I've connected the headphones or maybe I have some clever trojan installed? But I have no idea how to stop it. There appears to be no actual music player running that I can stop but stopping tethering stops the music, as if the Wifi Tether is hooked into the music .

I'm running Wifi Tether 2.0.5 pre14 on an Android Incredible rooted with unrevoked but not forever. Running stock 2.2 ROM that had been pestered with the latest Verizon update but that update did not seem to "take".

I've reinstalled the Wireless Tether program to no avail. Any ideas how to get past this?

bkorver

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
Your phone needs to teach my phone how to do that! That's a great song! My guess is, if you open up the teather app, hit menu, and go to settings you should see something along the lines of "notification ringtone" Check there...

technomom

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Interestingly enough the ringtone wasn't set at all, not even the default. In fact, I had no idea there was even a notification for this until you mentioned it. Sure enough, when I set it to some arbitrary tone it fixed the problem. So maybe this is a bug in the program? I guess I'll report it.

Thank you!

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech