Weather tracking with Virtuous

TBarnhardt

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I'm using Virtuous 3.1.0 and for some reason the HTC weather app/widget won't use my current location. I'm in West Michigan, but it either says "Chardon, OH" or "Current Location", and has the wrong weather.

I downloaded the Weatherbug app and it correctly says I'm in my hometown, and my GPS seems to work fine. I have Google Location Services and Stand Alone GPS turned on in the Location settings.

Anyone have this problem and know how to fix it?

gonzlobo

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
How's weatherbug working for you? I was going to download it, but the 10 most recent reviews absolutely panned the latest release.

wgsesq

Sep 18, 2010
Visit site
Running same rom, no problem over here. Before I rooted, one time my HTC weather app thought I was in India, when I was actually in NJ. Eventually it fixed itself.

TBarnhardt

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Weatherbug seems ok, but now it's saying "Chardon, OH" as well. Pretty much anything location based is wrong unless I make it use the GPS to find me.

Can anyone explain what using Wi-Fi as a location service does? Any time I try to use something location based with Wi-Fi off it tells me I should turn it on, but I don't get how using the router in my basement helps the phone know where it is.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084