Rooting Questions

callofduty4

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Hi, I am happy to see that Unrevoked was updated for the Droid Incredible. I am now seriously considering rooting my Incredible for basically one reason.

-Improving Battery Life

What can I do once I root to improve my battery life.

Also, What happens if I dont like rooting and want to restore? Is there an easy way to restore back to normal?

Thank you for your help everyone

GooTz66

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
Hi, I am happy to see that Unrevoked was updated for the Droid Incredible. I am now seriously considering rooting my Incredible for basically one reason.

-Improving Battery Life

What can I do once I root to improve my battery life.

Also, What happens if I dont like rooting and want to restore? Is there an easy way to restore back to normal?

Thank you for your help everyone

Load up custom ROMs and kernels as well as use setcpu to underclock and create profiles to help battery life. Looks like this is all new to you so I would do a good amount of reading and research before you start to tinker with your device. You can read through the hacks, rooting, etc threads here as well as read up more over at xda

318sugarhill

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
After 6 months of Owning my Dinc, I can tell you that you'll never get the Battery life you are looking for, but you can improve what you have. I have been able to get through a whole day and evening with mine. I do have to charge it EVERY night. I never get more than a day. If I'm out late at night, I carry a spare battery. Rooting with a custom rom helped, but it didn't vastly improve it. Some ROMS use MORE battery than stock, and some will improve it. There are apps like setpcu that can help, however, PLEASE READ before you mix some of these apps with certain ROMS. There are some things that cannot be mixed or they will cause you many problems. I believe hydra kernels are NOT compatible with setpcu.

Personally, I use the Virtuous ROM with their Adrynaline Kernel. It has the look and feel of the stock ROM you are used to, with a few added extras. It is in the paid version of ROM manager and very easy to install. Good luck but remember, read before you play.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12