Recovery black screen

IanAck123

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
i rooted my phone using unrevoked 3 for the most recent OTA update. everything went fine. it loads up into hboot fine but whenever i try to make a ROM backup with rom manager it boots up and then my screen turns partially black and then after a couple seconds it turns all black and freezes. also whenever i boot into hboot and go into recovery from there it turns black as well. what is the problem?

douger

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
i rooted my phone using unrevoked 3 for the most recent OTA update. everything went fine. it loads up into hboot fine but whenever i try to make a ROM backup with rom manager it boots up and then my screen turns partially black and then after a couple seconds it turns all black and freezes. also whenever i boot into hboot and go into recovery from there it turns black as well. what is the problem?

I think you lost root. You need to go to the unrEVOked website and do the procedure for version 3.22.

IanAck123

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
i just rooted last night. it still says im rooted. at least i think i am. this i was the first time i ever rooted. i still have the "super user permissions" icon

Bluenigel08

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Do you have an amoled or LCD screen? I'm pretty sure you have a LCD. If that's the case you need to flash an alternate recovery. There are posts here and on the XDA developer site on how to do that.

TreyDaPrince

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site
It just means you have a SLCD screen. Clockwork Recovery wasn't built for those screens thus not allowing you to see what happens but it is indeed working. Only downside, you cant get into recovery manually.

So just be patient and let it run it run its course. It takes a long time specifically when backing up and restoring images.

TreyDaPrince

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crazyload03