wireless tether

mich1248

Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
i just rooted my incredible with unrevoked and everything went well..the phone is now rooted..i installed wireless tether from the market and go to use it with my laptop..the wifi connect fine,except for the internet, for some reason it want connect me to the internet..are there anything im doing wrong..i done the samething with my droid x and everything works perfectly,but i cant get it to work with my incredible..any suggestions?thanks...

mich1248

Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
ok i think i know why it want connect..the 3g is working on the incredible now after the phone is rooted..i cant connect to market or internet from the browser of my phone..any way to get that to work again..and im sure the tether app will work once that is back intact..

sabbotage

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
Or you can go to the wireless tether homepage and grab the newest version for the incredible. Thats what I did and mine is working perfect :)

Hitch_Itch

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
I found this post by KSmithInNY and it worked for my dinc, give it a try,
Link to his post-http://forum.androidcentral.com/lg-optimus-t/43137-app-free-wireless-tethering-root-required.html

[App] Free Wireless Tethering (Root Required)
1) You need to root your phone. If you have not done this, please go HERE
- This is not the place to discuss if you are having issues rooting. The only reason root is mentioned is because its necessary to make wireless tether work.
2) Go HERE to download the apk to your phone. Typically people download the top one as that's the newest release. Don't worry if the LG isn't listed yet, it works because it's kernel is netfilter enabled
3) Once the APK downloads click it and it will install. If you get a warning about un-verified apps click settings and allow for unverified apps to load. Now click it and it will work
4) Open wireless tether, click menu on your phone and go through the settings.
5) Once your all setup, have fun

Troubleshooting (in this order):
-Did you download the version from the market? Uninstall, go to the link in step 2 above, and download from there.
-Reinstall the binary and config. Open wireless tether app and Menu > Settings > Menu > re-install binary/config
-Make sure you don't have wireless tether set to shut off when your screen turns off. Launch wireless tether, Menu > settings > Check mark "disable wake-lock"
-Have you tried switching to a clean channel? Download wifi analyzer from the market and find a clean channel in the area you are going to be working. Inside on wireless tether, set it to use that channel. Launch wireless tether app and Menu > Settings > channel.

I have absolutely no affiliation with any of the work above. All thanks should go to those Dev's. Also, please consider donating to the Dev's who spent their time hooking us up. More information on the project can be found on their google code site.

mark-in-dallas

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I have never been able to get Wireless Tether to work, which I believe is due to it supporting WKP2 security only.

I ended up doing the DUN hack, and setting security to WEP, which works fine.

zrxoa1

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
With the help of Upstreammiami, I got rooted tonight and downloaded the WiFi tether app from the store, but could not get it to work. Found this thread and did as Upstream suggested....bingo bango bongo, now it works!

Cool!

lefty_dinc

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
Recently downloaded this myself straight from the market and it seems to work fine, but I'm not using encryption. Does that make a difference as to whether it will work or not?

chroniclogic

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
I found this post by KSmithInNY and it worked for
2) Go HERE to download the apk to your phone. Typically people download the top one as that's the newest release. Don't worry if the LG isn't listed yet, it works because it's kernel is netfilter enabled

The :Here" you mention is not linked to anything. Or is it and Im missing this by a mile.

Thanks in advance.

chroniclogic

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Please Help.

Does "here" link to anything or am I missing this by a mile?

Thanks in advance,

Dragonscloak

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I found this post by KSmithInNY and it worked for my dinc, give it a try,
Link to his post-http://forum.androidcentral.com/lg-optimus-t/43137-app-free-wireless-tethering-root-required.html

[App] Free Wireless Tethering (Root Required)
1) You need to root your phone. If you have not done this, please go HERE
- This is not the place to discuss if you are having issues rooting. The only reason root is mentioned is because its necessary to make wireless tether work.
3) Once the APK downloads click it and it will install. If you get a warning about un-verified apps click settings and allow for unverified apps to load. Now click it and it will work
4) Open wireless tether, click menu on your phone and go through the settings.
5) Once your all setup, have fun

Troubleshooting (in this order):
-Did you download the version from the market? Uninstall, go to the link in step 2 above, and download from there.
-Reinstall the binary and config. Open wireless tether app and Menu > Settings > Menu > re-install binary/config
-Make sure you don't have wireless tether set to shut off when your screen turns off. Launch wireless tether, Menu > settings > Check mark "disable wake-lock"
-Have you tried switching to a clean channel? Download wifi analyzer from the market and find a clean channel in the area you are going to be working. Inside on wireless tether, set it to use that channel. Launch wireless tether app and Menu > Settings > channel.

I have absolutely no affiliation with any of the work above. All thanks should go to those Dev's. Also, please consider donating to the Dev's who spent their time hooking us up. More information on the project can be found on their google code site.
Thanks so much for this post it fixed my tethering probs

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair