Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    CM7 nightly#77

Default No update after installing rom

So I unrooted, installed the OTA update, rooted again, downloaded and installed a Skyraider rom, and im getting that "install update" window again. OOHWEE, WHAT UP WITH THAT, WHAT UP WITH THAT?

Global Posts
    2,192 Global Posts
    ROM
    JB

download it then reroot with unrevoked very simple plus that update is a small file
    I'm the ROOT man
    G Talk: Upstreammiami3o5
    Let me help you ROOT your phone

Global Posts
    2,192 Global Posts
    ROM
    JB

if u unrooted with my method that update.zip file was just froyo after that u where supposed to install the small ota manually
    I'm the ROOT man

Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    ROM
    IncROM 1.0 Beta 3

So what if when I try to download the update it just says device will reboot and then it does nothing, Do I need to flash a different recovery?

And even if you updated to the 2.2.1 and then re-rooted and installed a sense based rom, that are currently 2.2 based wouldn't it still prompt you for the update?
    BBKiks, a Proud UTE fan.
    IncREDible

Unrevoked 3
    IncROM Beta 3
    :rolleyes:
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

ROM
    CM7 nightly#77

"And even if you updated to the 2.2.1 and then re-rooted and installed a sense based rom, that are currently 2.2 based wouldn't it still prompt you for the update?"

Good question. What about a Vanilla based rom?
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

ROM
    CM7 nightly#77

So I just found out the Skyraider rom Removes downloaded OTA data. That might be my problem. Rom manager doesn't tell you these things, im going to start getting my roms from XDA.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

ROM
    CM7 nightly#77

"if u unrooted with my method that update.zip file was just froyo after that u where supposed to install the small ota manually"

After running PB31IMG.zip I didnt have recovery, so I did the update OTA. Did I do it wrong?

Global Posts
    2,192 Global Posts
    ROM
    JB

no your good
    I'm the ROOT man
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

ROM
    CM7 nightly#77

So, just so im clear, the "PB31IMG.zip" file unroots the phone. The "http://android.clients.google.com/pa...lease_sign.zip" file that gets renamed update.zip is the OTA update, and whether you do the update OTA, or through recovery its the same thing.

Once you are unrooted, updated, and rooted again, can you wipe those files from the SD card?
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

ROM
    CM7 nightly#77

Quote Originally Posted by I am138 View Post
    So, just so im clear, the "PB31IMG.zip" file unroots the phone. The "http://android.clients.google.com/pa...lease_sign.zip" file that gets renamed update.zip is the OTA update, and whether you do the update OTA, or through recovery its the same thing.

Once you are unrooted, updated, and rooted again, can you wipe those files from the SD card?
    anyone?