No update after installing rom

I am138

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
So I unrooted, installed the OTA update, rooted again, downloaded and installed a Skyraider rom, and im getting that "install update" window again. OOHWEE, WHAT UP WITH THAT, WHAT UP WITH THAT?

BBKik

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
So what if when I try to download the update it just says device will reboot and then it does nothing, Do I need to flash a different recovery?

And even if you updated to the 2.2.1 and then re-rooted and installed a sense based rom, that are currently 2.2 based wouldn't it still prompt you for the update?

I am138

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
"And even if you updated to the 2.2.1 and then re-rooted and installed a sense based rom, that are currently 2.2 based wouldn't it still prompt you for the update?"

Good question. What about a Vanilla based rom?

I am138

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
So I just found out the Skyraider rom Removes downloaded OTA data. That might be my problem. Rom manager doesn't tell you these things, im going to start getting my roms from XDA.

I am138

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
"if u unrooted with my method that update.zip file was just froyo after that u where supposed to install the small ota manually"

After running PB31IMG.zip I didnt have recovery, so I did the update OTA. Did I do it wrong?

I am138

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
So, just so im clear, the "PB31IMG.zip" file unroots the phone. The "http://android.clients.google.com/pa...lease_sign.zip" file that gets renamed update.zip is the OTA update, and whether you do the update OTA, or through recovery its the same thing.

Once you are unrooted, updated, and rooted again, can you wipe those files from the SD card?

I am138

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
So, just so im clear, the "PB31IMG.zip" file unroots the phone. The "http://android.clients.google.com/pa...lease_sign.zip" file that gets renamed update.zip is the OTA update, and whether you do the update OTA, or through recovery its the same thing.

Once you are unrooted, updated, and rooted again, can you wipe those files from the SD card?

anyone?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca