help! problem flashing a rom

tada1096

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
ok so i tried to install a rom that i loaded onto my sd card using rom manager. i selected the rom and had it install. it loaded into clockworkmod recovery and started. it then stopped and said installation aborted
/tmp/recovery.log was copied to /sdcard/clockworkmod/recovery.log. please open ROM Manager to report the issue.

so at the top of the screen i have options like rebote system now
apply sdcard: update.zip

ect....

so i tried to select repote system now and the screen changes to a white triangle with a orange exclamation point in it with a little androind guy next to it and it does nothing then.

if i hit the power button it goes back to the previous menu.

i also tried to select backup and restore for the list of options. that also gave me the triangle.

so can someone please tell me what i need to do now so i dont bick my phone?

tada1096

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
no i have been using the power button

ok so should i try to run the rom i loaded on the sd card or select my backup?

tada1096

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
in the log it said the it cant open the rom i selected (bad) so im thinking i just want to abort the whole process

Upstreammiami

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
If you can't reboot go here Droid Incredible Android Development - xda-developers download the rom you want to your pc . Then plug your phone and in recovery select mount then usbmount should be the bottom one. After that drag the rom to your phone . Then in recovery select install from sd locate the file and that should work.when it says complete click reboot system now. Btw in recovery you go back by pressing the power button

Reactions: tada1096

tada1096

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
ok i was able to just reboot the system and all is good again.

so what was the problem here. i have flashed roms with rom manager before but never form the sd card.

i downloaded the rom, then extracted it into a zip folder i made. then i loaded the folder onto my sd card in a folder i named roms. then clicked install form sd card in rom manager and ended up with this problem. so what did i do wrong anyone know?

Upstreammiami

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
ok don't use rom manager from your phone go to the website I gave you download the rom using your phone when its done go into recovery wipe everything then select install from sd go to the download folder and the rom should be there . Advice never use rom manager to load a rom

tada1096

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
alright im new to this so im going to have to read up on how to do that. rom manager is the only thing i have ever used

thanx

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad