Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    Virtuous ROM/Chads Kernel

Default battery saving kernel for the dinc?

what is the best battery saving kernel? doesnt have to be overclocked, im not looking for performance, but id rather not have it underclocked

does it effect the ROM in any way? the ROM im running uses the stock kernel

Global Posts
    325 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mycrors4 View Post
    what is the best battery saving kernel? doesnt have to be overclocked, im not looking for performance, but id rather not have it underclocked

does it effect the ROM in any way? the ROM im running uses the stock kernel
    Check out the kernel in my signature. You can find it over at XDA. This is a Sense kernel, BTW.

I also hear that chad's is good, but I haven't tried it yet. It's over at XDA as well.
    Last edited by douger; 12-11-2010 at 06:01 PM.
    ROM du jour: Myn's Warm Two Point Two
    Radio: 2.15.00.09.01
    Kernel: HeyItsLou-2.6.32.17-Cifs-Tun-Ext4-WN
    Battery: Mother of All Batteries (Seido 3500mAh)

Im also running hey its lou, charges quick and works well.
    Banned

ROM
    My roms (link in sig)

I use Ziggy kernels. They are fast as ever.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

+1 for HeyItsLou #4

I tried Chad's kernel and it did save my battery some but it did come with a performance cost. I'm not a huge performance guy but my exchange mail was very delayed with it. I'm now back to the adrynalyne kernel for the virtuous rom.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

ROM

well, im in the process of flashing HeyItsLou, im gonna test it out, as it seems very popular.
    Im also runing the virtuous ROM with the sexy rosie mod. if HeyItsLou doesnt work out for me, then ill try Chad's kernel, i dont use exchange for my mail, and im not doing anything important with the phone... yet

thanks guys!

Can the HeyItsLou kernel be flashed using the Sky Raider 3.5 ROM? Just want to make sure I don't do anything stupid, I'm still learning. Is it more likely that Sky Raider's included ROM will work better?
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

ROM

well, im no expert, but the only ROM ive seen that has problems with certain kernels is CM6.1 not sure why

in theory, you should be able to flash HeyItsLou with no problems, but the one skyraider included is probably better, as its made according to that ROM
    Droid Incredible - SLCD
    ROM: Virtuous + Sexy Rosie Mod
    Kernel: Chad's Kernel

i have found the virtuous rom likes the modified kernel best and Kings too. chads was causing a couple annoying issues and ziggys never seem to mix well, lots of reboots. I am now running Kings #6 and it seems to be doing fine. I might give Lous a shot also.
    ~Matt
    Nexus 4 & Nook HD+ and lots of other goodies
    www.twitter.com/howarmat

Global Posts
    325 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mobilemedic20 View Post
    Can the HeyItsLou kernel be flashed using the Sky Raider 3.5 ROM? Just want to make sure I don't do anything stupid, I'm still learning. Is it more likely that Sky Raider's included ROM will work better?
    It's a Sense kernel...so, as long as you're using Skyraider's Sense version, you should be good to go.
    ROM du jour: Myn's Warm Two Point Two
    Radio: 2.15.00.09.01
    Kernel: HeyItsLou-2.6.32.17-Cifs-Tun-Ext4-WN
    Battery: Mother of All Batteries (Seido 3500mAh)

Quote Originally Posted by douger View Post
    It's a Sense kernel...so, as long as you're using Skyraider's Sense version, you should be good to go.
    Great thanks, maybe I'll give it a shot - I am indeed using the Sense version of SkyRaider.
    Banned

ROM
    My roms (link in sig)

Here's a basic overview of all the kernels mentioned in the thread:

Ziggy's: work very nicely with my phone. It can get a bit laggy at times, and battery is average, but it is generally a great kernel with good performance, but can be spotty at times.

King #6: its based off old source, but its quick and battery is good. No problems with this one.

Chad kernel: its great for some people, but laggy out for others. It looks promising, but it doesn't work with my phone.

Lou kernel: its stock with a few enhancement...what could go wrong here?

And just some quick info:
    Smartass governor isn't so special, nor does it help. If you have a havs and undervolted kernel, there is no need for sa governor.

Chad kernel for me was great but very unstable. Had to ditch it.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    6,356 Global Posts
    ROM
    NOS M7 Sense 5.0

Chad kernel works great on my phone no lag and good battery life.
    Thanked by:
    Banned

ROM
    My roms (link in sig)

Quote Originally Posted by mclarryjr View Post
    Chad kernel works great on my phone no lag and good battery life.
    Thesis what I mean...you are having great results with chads kernel, but I am lagged immensely. Same with ziggy's kernel on my new light speed sense Rom

Sent from my HTC Incredible using Tapatalk
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  

ROM

i tested out HeyItsLou, as it looked very promising, but i had no improvment what so ever, infact, it made it slightly worse for me
    99% of the time, after school, i would have about 75%ish, today i had 69%, and i did nothing on it today, where as before, i would be all over other forums throughout the day

im gonna try King #6, it seems decent, ill let u guys know
    btw, i cant seem to find it, can i get a link to it? i wanna try Chad's too, so ill try chad's first, as i found a link for it
    Droid Incredible - SLCD
    Banned

ROM
    My roms (link in sig)

kingxklick.com will have kings kernel

Sent from my HTC Incredible using Tapatalk
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #19  

ROM

ahh, kk thanks

one more thing.
    for setcpu
    what are some basic profiles i should have?

as of now, i have four
    charging(goes down to 500-600mhz)
    screen off(245-300mhz)
    battery >50 (down to 500-700mhz)
    temp over 46C(something like 114F?) down to 400-600mhz

if im not mistaking, with chad's i can go down to 125mhz? so ill set screen off to 125-245
    and ill set my main from 900-1.1ghz

and the main is set at 700-900mhz

obviously the "00" isnt really exact, but im sure you get my point
    Droid Incredible - SLCD

ROM
    CM 6.1/Invisiblek #18

i am using invisiblek #18. seems to be good so far. i am running it with CM 6.1 stable release. i have it over clocked at 1113max and 460min on smartass setting. and i have the screen off profile set up to 460 max 245 min on smartass scaling as well. seems to be working well for me. the reason for having the 460 max is because i was reading around that having it at 245 could have issues. some times you dont receive text messages and such.
    Banned

ROM
    My roms (link in sig)

@Ianack, I am using invisiblek #19, and it is killing my battery....is #18 better?

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

ROM
    CM 6.1/Invisiblek #18

i didn't know there was a #19, never seen it. so far 5hr 42m since unplugged and i have 85% battery left. so i guess thats good? i sent some text messages, browsed facebook, went to a few websites, played angry birds and listened to a lot of music with poweramp. personally i would say this is pretty good, but i am also new to all this kernel business. i am using the 1750mAh battery from seidio too.
  23. Thread Author  Thread Author    #23  

ROM

welll, i had a full day with CHad's kernel, it did save battery life, and if i didnt wifi tether for my friend for an hour, it would have saved a lot more, it was at 74% at the end of the day after the wifi tethering
    it would probably be around d78% without wifi tethering, but what i noticed is a couple bugs, and lag issues, and lots of lagg issues, which made it impossible for my to answer a call

i phone just(like 2 seconds ago) finished flashing King #6, i read about it, and apparently it saved the battery life like no other, and improved it by a ton

ill let u guys know tomorrow on how it goes
    Droid Incredible - SLCD

flash Lous on sunday night and today is the first full day without going to work to see how the battery fairs. Seems to be a little more use than Virtuous custom #2. Speedwise its pretty good. No lagging really like some others have had.

Overall for now it will stay on my phone and see what happens
    ~Matt
    Nexus 4 & Nook HD+ and lots of other goodies
    www.twitter.com/howarmat

So I used Virtuous Adrynalyne, till I tried Chads. Did not like how the phone reacted to Chads, even though it did save my battery some. Now I'm back to Virtuous's Adrynalyne (i believe that is custom #2 as mentioned) and I now have WORSE battery life than before. Any ideas why that may be? Should I clear battery stats? I don't understand why it is worse now then before. Stinkin Chad......shoulda left well enough alone!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast