Nexus S live wallpaper! Update 12-16-10 (new LWP)

steelval3

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
I am using the Fascinate, tried the zip and manual .apk and didn't work...

Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but I'm with danny2744, it just left me with 4 live wallpapers haha

Upstreammiami

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I am using the Fascinate, tried the zip and manual .apk and didn't work...

Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but I'm with danny2744, it just left me with 4 live wallpapers haha

after u add the livewallpaper.zip hold down on it and click permissions check all for read and the first one only for write save and reboot

kingcoop

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
Fascinate here and I am having the same problem. After trying both methods I am left with only 4 Live Wallpapers and my Nexus original is gone... Highly disappointed. Perhaps you can update the original post to mention a bit of a warning for Fascinate owners before attempting this.

Did anyone backup there original LiveWallpapers file before overwriting it? If so, can you attach it in this thread? Thank you.

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
To flash you have to boot in recovery and then select apply update.zip. This will flash the update zip you attached to your sdcard then just reboot.

Reactions: LitoYuko

kingcoop

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
I just reverted back to get my live wallpapers back and the original nexus live wallpaper. I didn't back-up the original files right before the update so I just re-flashed the stock DJ05 deodex'ed rom, then the stupidfast kernel, and then the ultimate gingerbread theme.

Everything back to normal, wonder why it won't work...

I tried both methods listed by the OP. Would love this wallpaper, oh well.

SkinsFan1987

Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
I forgot to do that and ended up losing a few wallpapers. I have a fairly recent backup (I think), so I won't really miss anything.

Upstreammiami

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
you have to move the file to system/app after u overwrite hold down on the file click permissions and for read have all 3 checks and for write only the first one, save then reboot..

mdenny84

May 11, 2010
Visit site
Anyone have this running on their fascinate? I have tried both installs and the only change I see is that I no longer have my nexus wallpaper.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463