Market downloads issues

318sugarhill

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Ok, not really sure WTF is going on with my phone today. Basically, after trying a ROM, my backup won't restore. MD5 mismatch. Ok, whatever. Everything is backed up in titanium anyway. So I go back to redemption ROM backup. That loads just fine. Now when I try to go into the market and then select my downloads, it gives me a server error. Anyone know how to fix this? I can't check for updates without it.

318sugarhill

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
I've never wiped from recovery. What option is that? Wipe data and cache? I have wiped the dalvik cache from recovery after every install, but I always clicked Rom managers wipe. I never read that was bad before.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
The new market is working fine for me, getting set to update more apps, im in the southeast if is a vzw thing.

Sent using TaPaTaLk

atlas9171

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
I installed the new market and I still have the same problem. Any suggestions?

It appears those with the problem are SOL until Google figures it out, doesn't appear to be a widespread issue at this point though. It is an annoying problem but not the end of the world.

318sugarhill

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
It appears those with the problem are SOL until Google figures it out, doesn't appear to be a widespread issue at this point though. It is an annoying problem but not the end of the world.

That sucks. All is not lost as I have app brain and can update my apps through that. When I installed the ROM the market was fine. After my batch restore in titanium the market got this error. So clearly, my restore with titanium is f'd. Which means I am f'd. I really don't want to restore each app one at a time, but it looks like that may be what I have to do. Who the f. knows when I will find that kind of time.

atlas9171

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
That sucks. All is not lost as I have app brain and can update my apps through that. When I installed the ROM the market was fine. After my batch restore in titanium the market got this error. So clearly, my restore with titanium is f'd. Which means I am f'd. I really don't want to restore each app one at a time, but it looks like that may be what I have to do. Who the f. knows when I will find that kind of time.

I don't think it has anything to do with your titanium backup, I think there is just an issue that is affecting some people and not others, just a coincidence as far as the timing more than anything, I started receiving the error and hadn't done a restore with titanium backup, all I did was tidy up my sd card a bit, which shouldn't of affected it either. Just something the people affected have to wait out, most problems I found that were the same in the past just cleared up, no magic fix other than google fixing it I'm guessing.

atlas9171

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
Not sure who all had to deal with this, but it appears at least on my end the problem has been resolved, hopefully for good.

318sugarhill

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Not sure who all had to deal with this, but it appears at least on my end the problem has been resolved, hopefully for good.

Mine is fixed, but I also wiped it and put Virtuous back on it. I'm pissed that I had to redo the whole thing as my nandroid backup is f'd. I think I got it back to the way it was, but who knows. I liked the ROMS I tried out, but none better than virtuous, so I'm wishing I never messed with it. Time to leave well enough alone. Of course, since I changed ROMS, virtuous and it's modified kernel have both been updated, so knowing my luck, something in them will be just slightly different enough to make me not like it as much as I did before. :)

olhoni

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
On a Samsung Intercept here and have been having periodic force closes and error messages with the new market since Saturday when Froyo was pushed to phone. Some apps install some don't, I can't purchase any apps, I get a force close. I did a hard reset on the phone on Saturday, have had a couple Launcher Pro Plus force closed, browser refusing to exit, ready to give up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781