Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    41 Global Posts

Default Help Needed: ROMs won't flash correctly

Hi all,

I've had many different custom roms from Sky Raider to Virtuous to Miui. I am currently using Miui 0.12.13. I went to flash the new version, and my phone became completely unstable (keeps on freezing and then rebooting).

I did a full factory reset, wiped cache and dalvik and tried again. same thing. Freezing and constant rebooting. Ok, I thought... must be something with Miui... let's try something else.

I then downloaded CM6.1 from ROM Manager, did a full wipe and rebooted. Same thing!! Constant freezes and rebooting. Also there is a SD Card icon on the notification bar. The notification screen says: "Preparing SD Card: Checking For Errors". I formatted the SD Card and tried again. No luck.

I'm not sure what to do at this point. I'm sure there is some basic solution that I am missing, but I would be soo grateful if someone could lend some knowledge. I've spent the last 2 days trying to successfully flash a Rom, any Rom, and i'm getting quite frustrated.

Many thanks

are you making sure the MD5s are matching when you download?

are you loading settings from a previous backup? apps? those can mess with different ROMs

Global Posts
    2,192 Global Posts
    ROM
    JB

Format your sd card fat32 and use cwm not! Rom manager
    I'm the ROOT man
    G Talk: Upstreammiami3o5
    Let me help you ROOT your phone
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    41 Global Posts

I checked my SD CArd on Disk Utility, and it said that it IS formatted as Fat32. Should I format again just to be sure?

Also, sorry for the noob question, but what is CWM? Also, how do I make sure the MD5's are matching? Thank you!

ROM
    HTC One (Verizon) Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Goodness View Post
    Also, sorry for the noob question, but what is CWM?
    ClockWorkMod

Its the screen with the black background and green letters that lets you flash roms and update .zip files.

Turn phone off, power back up with the volume down button held down. When you get to the screen with the little droids at the bottom, scroll to "recovery" and select it using the power button. Should take you to the black screen with green typeface. You are now in ClockworkMod Recovery.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Global Posts
    41 Global Posts

Sorry, I didn't figure out the initials.. Yes, I always restore directly from Clockwork Mod. Still having issues though.... Hopefully getting a new SD card will help. Maybe it's completely corrupted so that the files are not flashing properly.