Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Angry Lost my Stock Inc Rom!!! HELP!

    I know this is a noob mistake, but I can't find my original nandroid backup on my computer of the newest droid inc rom that verizon sent out (Stock droid inc rom with the vz apps including the vzapp store)

    Where can I find this rom to flash my phone back to how verizon intended it so that I may receive future OTA updates
  2. #2  
    DroidXcon's Avatar

    Posts
    11,645 Posts
    Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by omfgitsjustin View Post
    I know this is a noob mistake, but I can't find my original nandroid backup on my computer of the newest droid inc rom that verizon sent out (Stock droid inc rom with the vz apps including the vzapp store)

    Where can I find this rom to flash my phone back to how verizon intended it so that I may receive future OTA updates
    Perhaps this will help
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DroidXcon View Post
    Perhaps this will help
    Thanks for the quick reply! Only concern I have is that I read that it isn't good to use a android backup because if someone uses app brain to install an app on the same backup as the nandroid you installed, you will receive a copy of the app as well.
  4. #4  
    DroidXcon's Avatar

    Posts
    11,645 Posts
    Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by omfgitsjustin View Post
    Thanks for the quick reply! Only concern I have is that I read that it isn't good to use a android backup because if someone uses app brain to install an app on the same backup as the nandroid you installed, you will receive a copy of the app as well.
    Ok maybe this is ignorance on my part and i apologize if what i say doesnt make sense,,,,,but once you use the back up,,cant you just factory reset?
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

    Default

    I don't think so. I guess the device ID number will stick with the device.
  6. #6  
    DroidXcon's Avatar

    Posts
    11,645 Posts
    Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by omfgitsjustin View Post
    I don't think so. I guess the device ID number will stick with the device.
    ok then ill keep looking for you, do you have SLCD or OLED?
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DroidXcon View Post
    ok then ill keep looking for you, do you have SLCD or OLED?
    I believe AMOLED
  8. #8  
    DroidXcon's Avatar

    Posts
    11,645 Posts
    Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by omfgitsjustin View Post
    I believe AMOLED


    or



    Please let me know if either or is best for future reference for others.
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato
    Thanked by 2:
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DroidXcon View Post


    or



    Please let me know if either or is best for future reference for others.
    The first link was broken but upon investigation I found the fixed link:



    I installed this rom just like a normal custom rom and did a wipe of the cache/data after installing the rom. Works like a charm and is back at the stock rom!

    Thank you so much for this!!!!!!!!!!! Now if I ever sell my phone, or feel like going back to the TRUE Droid inc stock experience I can without guilt!
    Thanked by 3:
  10. #10  
    Smitty_82's Avatar
    Android Addict

    Posts
    1,596 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,597 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICS / Stock

    Default

    I know I didn't post on this thread, but thanks for the feedback. It's good to know what works for users!
  11. #11  
    DroidXcon's Avatar

    Posts
    11,645 Posts
    Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Smitty_82 View Post
    I know I didn't post on this thread, but thanks for the feedback. It's good to know what works for users!
    +1 if all inquiries were followed up, the Android world would be a better place..

    Thank you very much
    Last edited by DroidXcon; 12-26-2010 at 03:20 AM.
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato
  12. #12  
    Smitty_82's Avatar
    Android Addict

    Posts
    1,596 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,597 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICS / Stock

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DroidXcon View Post
    +1 if all inquiries were followed up the Android world would be a better place..

    Thank you very much
    True that, there is always more to learn!

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

B