1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default whats the verdicts- root with slcd?

Getting an incredible for free from verizon without using an upgrade- not sure if its a slcd or amoled since its a refurbished but chances are its slcd.

Anywho, whats the procredure for rooting with slcd in case, i know unrevoked works with amoled. Any help would be appreciated. Phone comes tomorrow and it will hold me over until the MECHA comes out in January, was really sick of the droid x and the inability to load any roms- just "themes" that call themselves roms.

Thanks all, appreciate it either way

Quote Originally Posted by Rickbubello View Post
    Getting an incredible for free from verizon without using an upgrade- not sure if its a slcd or amoled since its a refurbished but chances are its slcd.

Anywho, whats the procredure for rooting with slcd in case, i know unrevoked works with amoled. Any help would be appreciated. Phone comes tomorrow and it will hold me over until the MECHA comes out in January, was really sick of the droid x and the inability to load any roms- just "themes" that call themselves roms.

Root like normal with unrevoked. It won't add recovery on slcd screen phones, but go here:
    http://forum.androidcentral.com/htc-...d-support.html

Flash that recovery manually after rooting and you should be good to go.
    BB Tour 9630 > BB Bold 9650 > HTC Incredible

Global Posts
    931 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOSPA 2.99 BetaNINE.9 PIE

Quote Originally Posted by Rickbubello View Post

There is a link right in the ROMs/Hacks section for an update flash that will put a correct radio in your Inc to allow custom recovery. I am running Cyanogenmod6.1 with clockworkmod, no problems whatsoever
    Phone: Galaxy Nexus
    OS Version: Jelly Bean 4.2.1
    ROM: AOSPA 2.99+ PIE-BetaFOUR
    Kernel: AK Dummy v670
    Radio: I515.10 V.FF02/I515.FG02
    Recovery: TWRP 2.4.0.0

ROM Manager also has Clockwork 2.5.1.2 that works with the SLCD screens.