Touchwiz???

BSG75

Custom User Title
May 11, 2010
Visit site
This is not what you were really asking for, but the Miui rom may be interesting to you. I didn't like it because it doesn't have an app drawer and it looks so much like an iPhone, but it's still pretty popular. Maybe that will tide you over for now.

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
No, i tried, and since samsung uses rfs and lots or other unorthodox techniques, its impossible

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

TouchWiz is not very deeply embedded in the Android OS - it's just a launcher, a few minor system tweaks and some widgets/apps. Plus TouchWiz has been proven to run fine on EXT2 as well as EXT4 (as is evident when a lag fix is being used on a Galaxy S phone).

jdkoreclipse

Banned
Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
TouchWiz is not very deeply embedded in the Android OS - it's just a launcher, a few minor system tweaks and some widgets/apps. Plus TouchWiz has been proven to run fine on EXT2 as well as EXT4 (as is evident when a lag fix is being used on a Galaxy S phone).

They embed weird stuff into their software like modem.bin and stuff.

Sent from my Htc Incredible using Tapatalk

menschmaschine5

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Generally, touchwiz is not considered a good UI.

Really, Sense is the only manufacturer UI people generally consider is worth anything.

But yeah, you might like MIUI, as another poster said. It's very iphone-like, just like touchwiz.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
What exactly looks like an iphone. The app drawer. If you hit a button it no longer looks like an iphone but its still touchwiz... This iphone comparison makes no sense because besides that what does it share

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

jvilly92

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
What exactly looks like an iphone. The app drawer. If you hit a button it no longer looks like an iphone but its still touchwiz... This iphone comparison makes no sense because besides that what does it share

Exactly

cordoni

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Have it on my fascinate. I am using go launcher now, after using LP+ The big downside to Touchwiz was having to manually sort the app drawer. I could never find the sort function for it. I also did not like being stuck with a 4x4 grid on my screens. It does look good though, but I craved more useability.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Have it on my fascinate. I am using go launcher now, after using LP+ The big downside to Touchwiz was having to manually sort the app drawer. I could never find the sort function for it. I also did not like being stuck with a 4x4 grid on my screens. It does look good though, but I craved more useability.

from the app drawer hit the menu button and select list view