1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Downgrade HTC Incredible to stock

Sometime ago I was contemplating rooting my Incredible. I did a lot of research. It seemed pretty easy and solid. I also researched how to reverse the root to go back to stock in case I needed to. I recently decided to go back to stock to be ready for the next OTA update.

I tried to restore my DINC and it seems to have worked so now I am at Andriod 2.1 but I can't get OTA updates to get current. What can I do so my device will grab OTA updates?

I have read on some forums that my problem is that my software version needs to be 1.22.605.2. My software version is currently 1.22.605.0. I am not sure how to do this. Any help?

Thanks!

You probably should have posted in the ROMS/Hacks section. This most likely will get moved.

Are you still rooted? If so, it should be fairly easy to find the Stock Rom with all the recent updates. Just install that, and then Unroot.
    Where's the juice again?

Global Posts
    399 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Tinker View Post
    I tried to restore my DINC and it seems to have worked so now I am at Andriod 2.1 but I can't get OTA updates to get current. What can I do so my device will grab OTA updates?
    I know nothing about rooting phones, with that being said...

So let me get this striaght, you rooted your phone and all is well. When you rooted the ROM that you used is using Andoird 2.1? Now you want to apply the new OTA updates?

From what I understand when Verizon pushes a OTA update, it's only up for grabs for so long. The most recent one was sent in Nov and I'm pretty confident in saying that you missed the window by now.

Your best bet is to find a link online and manually update it.
    Feel free to private message me at any time! I enjoy getting private messages.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by bigk View Post
    I know nothing about rooting phones, with that being said...

So let me get this striaght, you rooted your phone and all is well. When you rooted the ROM that you used is using Andoird 2.1? Now you want to apply the new OTA updates?

From what I understand when Verizon pushes a OTA update, it's only up for grabs for so long. The most recent one was sent in Nov and I'm pretty confident in saying that you missed the window by now.

Your best bet is to find a link online and manually update it.
    I was on 2.2 before I rooted. There is a small Verizon update that was getting pushed to my phone before I downgraded but I did not apply the update. I am just trying to get back to stock.

Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7.1 Chevyno1 1.0 ulv

Quote Originally Posted by Tinker View Post
    I was on 2.2 before I rooted. There is a small Verizon update that was getting pushed to my phone before I downgraded but I did not apply the update. I am just trying to get back to stock.
    I have a file that is the original 2.1 os.. I just unrooted to go back to stock and i got all the updates.. If you want to try it we can figure out a way to move it. let me know
    [ROM] CyanogenMod 7.1 on Moto Droid
    [Kernal] Chevyno1 7-slot 1.0 ghz Ultra LowVoltage
    [Recovery] CWM
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by Droid_Man View Post
    I have a file that is the original 2.1 os.. I just unrooted to go back to stock and i got all the updates.. If you want to try it we can figure out a way to move it. let me know
    I would be interested if this will get me back to stock and OTA updates.

Global Posts
    2,192 Global Posts
    ROM
    JB

why dont u add the update manually ?
    I'm the ROOT man
    G Talk: Upstreammiami3o5
    Let me help you ROOT your phone
    Thanked by:
    Custom User Title

Global Posts
    1,058 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP

I suggest loading the 2.2 update manually.

http://www.androidcentral.com/how-ma...credible-froyo
    Please use the Thanks button below and to the right.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Quote Originally Posted by Upstreammiam View Post
    why dont u add the update manually ?
    Quote Originally Posted by BSG75 View Post
    I suggest loading the 2.2 update manually.

http://www.androidcentral.com/how-ma...credible-froyo
    I have tried that and it fails during the verify. I understood that it was because of my software version. Not sure though.

I will try it again just to be sure that the file was not corrupt or something like that.

Global Posts
    2,192 Global Posts
    ROM
    JB

That should be a update.zip and load it in recovery not in hboot
    I'm the ROOT man
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

I get an "(status 7) Installation aborted." same message as the post below.

http://forum.androidcentral.com/htc-...ating-ota.html

I think the Android version and my "software version" are not in sync or something. Not sure how to resolve this. The Verizon update mentioned in the above post never happens for me.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Fixed! I finally was able to find the right file to update me from "2.1" to "2.1 Update 1". Then I manually updated to 2.2 and now I am getting the update pushed to my phone automatically from Verizon. I am back to stock again.

Thanks for your help everyone. Below is a link to where I found the file that I needed to get the May OTA (2.1 Update 1) incase anyone out there needs it.

Last edited by Tinker; 01-07-2011 at 01:45 PM.

Global Posts
    57 Global Posts

Hey guys, slightly off topic...
    I too, wanted to return my phone to stock for warranty purposes, it was the biggest headache ever, flashed the P31B whatever zip to 2.1, RUU'd to the OEM 2.2. Phone is up and running now, but in the boot screen it still says S-off. This means my phone is still rooted right? People told me the RUU would completely unroot the phone. What did I miss?
    HTC Incredible user since 4/29/10

Global Posts
    2,192 Global Posts
    ROM
    JB

I'm the ROOT man

Global Posts
    57 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Upstreammiami View Post
    pardon my lack of knowledge, but not really sure what to do with that file
    HTC Incredible user since 4/29/10

Global Posts
    2,192 Global Posts
    ROM
    JB

Quote Originally Posted by hcole623 View Post
    I'm the ROOT man

Quote Originally Posted by hcole623 View Post
    I'll go into a bit more detail. You have to re-root and flash that like a rom with ClockWork recovery. Then re-run the "PB31IMG" to ClockWork recovery back off.

The headache you had from your first unroot was because you used an older version of the OS.

If you go you'll find the correct files and directions on how to unroot.