[ROM] Incredibly Re-Engineered v2.3 [02-8-11] Fast, Beautiful, and Simply Magnificent

Hitch_Itch

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
Ok, am I having a brain fart?
I dl'd Incredibly Re-Engineered v2.20 [01-17-11] from this thread, opened rom mgr, hit install rom from sd card, navigated to the download/ folder, hit Incredibly Re-Engineered v2.20 which is in that folder, checked, backup existing rom and checked wipe data and cache, pressed ok, then pressed ok on the reboot and install, window pops up quickly then disappears saying rom mgr has been granted super user permission. after that Nothing happens, it just sits there, the screen is showing the Incredibly Re-Engineered v2.20 which is in the download/ folder.
I tried a full reboot and repeated the above steps with the same results, three times.

What the hell am I forgetting? it must be something stupid

tx for any help
Ken

Brett

Retired Moderator
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
Install it manually. Reboot into clockwork recovery . Wipe data, cache and also wipe the dalvik cache. Then select install zip. Find the rom in your download folder on your sd card and install.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Hitch_Itch

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
Install it manually. Reboot into clockwork recovery . Wipe data, cache and also wipe the dalvik cache. Then select install zip. Find the rom in your download folder on your sd card and install.

Thanks, installing from zip know,
Why couldn't I do it from rom mgr? I was able to install skyraider from rom mgr?
freaky

Ken

Brett

Retired Moderator
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
You might need to go into the settings of rom manager and make sure that the option that says something about deleting the previous recovery when you flash recovery is selected on. Then back out and press flash recovery. Once it is flashed, press it again.

Hitch_Itch

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
Ok installed it, but there is NO option for backup assit under accounts/sync.
When I went though the normal setup, it is usually there, but it is not gmail account, other mail, and one other option I forget. without backup assit I cannot get my contacts back from the Verizon backup assit

Ideas?
Ken

Upstreammiami

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Ok installed it, but there is NO option for backup assit under accounts/sync.
When I went though the normal setup, it is usually there, but it is not gmail account, other mail, and one other option I forget. without backup assit I cannot get my contacts back from the Verizon backup assit

Ideas?
Ken

he probably took it out of the rom, check if in ur sd card u have a folder from the dev . see if u have backup assistance in it

if you do download terminal emulator (from the market) and type

su
install Nameoftheapp.apk

Last edited:

Hitch_Itch

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
Bummer, I need that to get my contacts back,
It is a SUPER fast rom tho, nice setup, also not use to not have sense. gonna try rr evo I guess

tx
ken

Brett

Retired Moderator
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
The apk for backup assistant should be on your sd card. When you flash the rom it puts a folder of somr of the apks on the root of the card.

Knightbird

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
I did a full wipe, Formatted my SD card, copied this file to the root of the SD card, renamed it to update.zip. I used Clockwork mod to install it and everything seems to work, but when i reboot, all i get is the white splash screen. It goes no farther. I have let it sit for up to 20 minutes and it never progresses. I can re-flash my nandroid backup successfully, so no worries, but i can't get this ROM to work. Any ideas?

bjames23

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Can anyone point me towards where the reception signal bars are located (their png files) in this ROM? I am trying to change them all the blue but can't seem to find them. I've looked in the drawable-hdpi (or whatever its called) but those in there were only 4 bar signal pics so they can't be the ones being utilized by this ROM so he must have customized it (obviously) I just need to know where he put those files. thanks

bjames23

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
I did a full wipe, Formatted my SD card, copied this file to the root of the SD card, renamed it to update.zip. I used Clockwork mod to install it and everything seems to work, but when i reboot, all i get is the white splash screen. It goes no farther. I have let it sit for up to 20 minutes and it never progresses. I can re-flash my nandroid backup successfully, so no worries, but i can't get this ROM to work. Any ideas?

Its probably your kernel. download some kernels from your computer and put them on your SD card as well. Flash the rom, then flash a different kernel. If it still doesn't get past that screen just take battery out then boot into clockwork again and flash a different kernel. My dinc didn't like Lou's (can't remember which number) so I flashed a few different ones to find one that worked with this rom. Try Ziggy's or hydra.

bjames23

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Ok, am I having a brain fart?
I dl'd Incredibly Re-Engineered v2.20 [01-17-11] from this thread, opened rom mgr, hit install rom from sd card, navigated to the download/ folder, hit Incredibly Re-Engineered v2.20 which is in that folder, checked, backup existing rom and checked wipe data and cache, pressed ok, then pressed ok on the reboot and install, window pops up quickly then disappears saying rom mgr has been granted super user permission. after that Nothing happens, it just sits there, the screen is showing the Incredibly Re-Engineered v2.20 which is in the download/ folder.
I tried a full reboot and repeated the above steps with the same results, three times.

What the hell am I forgetting? it must be something stupid

tx for any help
Ken

Try flashing an alternative recovery then re-flashing clockwork. Sometimes clockwork gets brocken and this seems to fix it for me. After that try flashing the ROM again.

abtxpress

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
chingy51o, super sick, loving it. Thanks for your work!!!
It would be tight if we could make other apps like facebook and twitter transparent too.
Have 1 question though, why is there a 4G widget? Is there something I don't know about?

bjames23

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
4G because its all Evo framework which is on Sprint network and is capable of 4G. Disregard this on incredible as dincs cannot

Brett

Retired Moderator
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
chingy51o, super sick, loving it. Thanks for your work!!!
It would be tight if we could make other apps like facebook and twitter transparent too.
Have 1 question though, why is there a 4G widget? Is there something I don't know about?

This rom is built from the EVO's framework. There are some small minor things that are designed for the evo that we can't use (aesthetically). not anything big

jeagles5#AC

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
This ROM is fast as hell, best one i have tried, but 1 question? When i try to send MMS messages to multiple people it does not send, any suggestions, Thanks

Edit: Just turned WIFI off and it went through...Very Weird!

Last edited:

bigguy_132

Jan 14, 2010
Visit site
jeagles5 this is a known bug that chingy has an update over at the xda thread for. Taken from the XDA Thread

2.20 Flashover Fixes Voicemail and MMS Bugs (MMS send 50% of the time on Wifi, but they are recieved 100% of the time while on Wifi) (Also, on the first boot after flashing this, you will get a force close and when it ask about the county code just press cancel or done... i forget what is says. This will ONLY happen on the first boot!!!)

Source: [ROM] Incredibly Re-Engineered v2.20 [01-17-11] Updated-Flashover w/ Bug Fixes - xda-developers