CM7/Sense

amc06003

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
First I want to say that I have not started a thread on this forum before and the "Here are the similar threads we found:" feature is an awesome idea....

Anyway, I have been trying out some of the awesome, well made ROMs that are floating around. I want to thank all of the developers for their work. Part of the reason I got the Incredible over Droid X was because I love the Sense UI. As far as ROMs go, I really like the functionality and features of CM7 but dont want to lose my Sense. Is there a good way to have both?

Thanks

steveo321

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
hey i know i'a late with this"A" but i just put cm7 on my driod inc and i don't miss sense at all ioving this rom comimg from syr3.5 rom

steveo321

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
well for one this rom without sense is very open you can do alot more things than with a sense rom you can change alot of things on your driod that you can't change with sense roms hope that help.

amc06003

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the comments everybody.

I know cm will give me much more in terms of productivity and such - I do like it better. Just liked the look and feel of sense. Didnt really think of launcher pro though. Guess I will just try it out.

Much appreciated.

sabbotage

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the comments everybody.

I know cm will give me much more in terms of productivity and such - I do like it better. Just liked the look and feel of sense. Didnt really think of launcher pro though. Guess I will just try it out.

Much appreciated.

I'm using launcher pro on CM7 and my homescreen looks just like it did on sense. The only difference is the statusbar at the top of the screen are different and not as "pretty" as the sense icons. I don't think I would ever go back to sense because I'm getting 3x the battery life on CM7 that I got with sense. Thats a huge bonus to me. I tried everything to get better battery life on sense and just couldn't get it any better no matter what bloat I removed. So I think i'll be sticking with CM7 for a long time.

menschmaschine5

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
When I tried Cyanogen I found that I missed Sense.

One thing that really annoyed me is that I couldn't figure out how to dissociate my dad's Facebook account with my contact info (my dad and I have the same name), and having my dad's picture come up every time I sent a text message got tiresome. This is a minor annoyance and was the only real annoyance I had, but I did overall just miss the Sense UI.

JTEastwood

Mar 14, 2010
Visit site
I don't think I would ever go back to sense because I'm getting 3x the battery life on CM7 that I got with sense. .

Same here... Its Gingerbread and the aosp kernels giving the ridiculous battery life. I tried going back to a sense rom but after getting 28hrs on a battery, going back to ten just doesn't work!!

I still miss some of the Sense features, Mostly the Calendar and People apps. Everything else is replaceable...

amc06003

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
Thanks everyone. Batter life comments sold me.

@menschmaschine5: The facebook sync always gives me trouble too. I have had nicknames for a lot of people ever sense I got my first phone 9 years ago. Just been importing and exporting phonebooks so I never changed them. The sync does not work well for me because I cant set the phone to display nicknames so I have the nicknames as their first names. I could change it but the nicknames are funny to me haha.

I flashed cm7 yesterday. It took a few tries because first I did it without wiping- just to see. That was a mistake. Then I reflashed it and wiped. After restoring all my aps with TB, I was getting the android.process.media FC because of something from HTC that restored. I wiped and flashed again and was careful about what I restored. Now everything is working smoothly and the only thing I did to make it look like sense was get a sense clock/weather widget. I will miss those sexy weather animations at unlock. I actually enjoy the look of most most of the other stuff in cm7. In terms of features and speed, it blows sense away. I am sure I will get better battery life which is the real test. Guess I will see how it works out in the next couple days. CM team really did an awesome job so kudos to them and thanks. I appreciate all of the comments too.

abtxpress

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
When I tried Cyanogen I found that I missed Sense.

One thing that really annoyed me is that I couldn't figure out how to dissociate my dad's Facebook account with my contact info (my dad and I have the same name), and having my dad's picture come up every time I sent a text message got tiresome. This is a minor annoyance and was the only real annoyance I had, but I did overall just miss the Sense UI.

I had the same problem. I fixed it by deleting my info and linked his facebook to his contact info. Then add my info back. Haven't had the problem since.

Flavy

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
The only thing keeping me from flashin CM is the TV Out capability. I heard this is lost when going to CM. I have numeous kids shows for my daughter on my Dinc and like the ability to hook up the TV out cables and let her watch her shows when we travel.

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Oh wow people do use it! I'm not sure if CM7 has it or not, I would imagine not. However things change nightly with it at the moment!

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
This thread is making me want to give CM7 a try. Is it stable enough to be a reliable daily driver? If my phones borked I'm DOA at work.

Qazme! Long time no see! Good to see you again!

BigRick10

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Yeah the battery life is stoopid good on my Evo running CM7. I'm getting hooked on CM! I miss the use of 4g though... In due time!
Almost here ;-)
4606670b-a1fb-4a70.jpg

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Ah thanks for the welcome back, I way be sailing along somewhere else but have not forgotten. Tony I see your spelling is getting better. ;)

CM7 is as stable as 6 ever was, and more so in many ways. I use it as a daily driver now and don't have a single issue from it. Apparently the only thing not working is the TV out? Which I have never used and haven't missed it, would be nice to see it working for the few out there that use it but other than that everything is working perfectly. Going from an app back to the main screens is still a bit on the slow side, but tolerable. Give it a try worse case scenario you restore to a backup right?

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Just loaded CM7 and I'm going to go with it and see how it goes! So far I'm liking it but there are a few HTC widgets and apps I keep looking for.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463