Rooted my DINC need help with some stuff.

drumzalicious

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site
First off thanks to all of you who helped me root I really appreciate it.

I rooted my DINC last week using Unrevoked on my Mac and was successful. Still running the stock 2.2 just using Launcher Pro instead of the sense launcher.

So far I have the following apps:
Titanium Backup Pro
Set CPU
Wireless Tether
Autostarts

Any other apps you guys suggest?

A few questions.

As you guys know when you make a phone call initially the Vanilla Android dialer shoes for a split second then the HTC one. Any one know how I can replace the dialer screen?

Second. Right now I just have set CPU on a profile to run at 806 MHz and another to run at a max 384 when the screen is off. I did this to try and help with saving battery life. My question is I have seen people with profiles for certain battery temperatures. How is this beneficial?

Last question. What is the benefit of freezing an app instead of deleting them? Does this actually stop the app from running?

Any other suggestions for battery life improvement?

Any other app suggestions?

Thanks

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Did you flash a new kernel? I don't think SetCPU will do anything with the stock kernel since the clock speed is locked. Other than the standard Radio conservation (turning radios on and off only when you need them), the easiest way to save Battery Life is by flashing a kernel designed to save battery. Then you can use SetCPU to further under clock and manage the CPU profiles. There is a good list of kernels in the ROM's and Kernels HQ Sticky.

JTEastwood

Mar 14, 2010
Visit site
If you want to replace the dialer then try dialerone from the market.
Ive never seen that dialer flash to vanilla but then again i havent run a stock rom in 9 months.

Play with flashing some roms. I like Redemtive Revolution as a nice switch from stock. That should have an overclockable kernel for you to play with. And it has a very pretty sense dialer.

As for battery life... I tried under clocking with little to no difference in battery life. Play with different kernels, every phone seems to react different to them. When your ready for kick ass battery life, try a gingerbread rom!!

I fell asleep without plugging in my phone last night and still have 15% left after 24hrs. Sweet!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
educationalco22