Get OTA after rooting

fbords

May 26, 2010
Visit site
I rooted using unrevoked forever a while back. Ive had this notification for the last OTA on my phone for a while. I just haven't installed it because I was too lazy to go back through and re-root. I'm finally going to do it because I'm tired of seeing it. Do I need to do anything first before installing it?

Everytime it try it hangs waiting to reboot, then the icon goes away for a few days. What am I missing??

Sent from my Droid Incredible using Tapatalk

finanandroid

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Root Explorer

I rooted using unrevoked forever a while back. Ive had this notification for the last OTA on my phone for a while. I just haven't installed it because I was too lazy to go back through and re-root. I'm finally going to do it because I'm tired of seeing it. Do I need to do anything first before installing it?

Everytime it try it hangs waiting to reboot, then the icon goes away for a few days. What am I missing??

Get Root explorer!

Open /system/build.prop in Root Explorer in r/w mode, selected text editor, ( just hold the file to Pop up editor) edit the line below (changed 231334 to 264707), then saved it. That's all. Root Explorer makes a backup build.prop file automatically

ro.build.fingerprint=verizon_wwe/inc/inc/inc:2.2/FRF91/264707:user/release-keys

Rebooted twice and no more nag.

You dont have RE get it from the Market. also in Rom manager go to Download Roms look for Skyrider there is a file to flash from recovery to get ride of OTAs

fbords

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Get Root explorer!

Open /system/build.prop in Root Explorer in r/w mode, selected text editor, ( just hold the file to Pop up editor) edit the line below (changed 231334 to 264707), then saved it. That's all. Root Explorer makes a backup build.prop file automatically

ro.build.fingerprint=verizon_wwe/inc/inc/inc:2.2/FRF91/264707:user/release-keys

Rebooted twice and no more nag.

You dont have RE get it from the Market. also in Rom manager go to Download Roms look for Skyrider there is a file to flash from recovery to get ride of OTAs

But I don't want to just hide the nag. I actually want the update.

finanandroid

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Sky Rider 3.5

But I don't want to just hide the nag. I actually want the update.

My bad, though you dont want it, however any updates from Vzw for D Inc are long time due, save all headache and Flash Skyrider 3.5 coming with all updates already.

fbords

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Was kinda just hoping it was easy as turning s-on and installing.

Anyways are there any good thorough tutorials on flashing roms? I've seen some nice ones but never really learned the process. Want to make it as easy as possible. Don't want to lose much data (contacts, texts, apps, etc) in the process.

finanandroid

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Flashing ROMs tutorial

Scroll down you will find a good one. If you want to do it more easy way , then download free from the market ROM manager then go to download roms find The Rom of you preference , download it it automatically will ask you to install , wipe data factory reset check out before and the Rom will install after reboot . Make sure to back up your Rom , and back up any personal data media files to SD card . Hope this help

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
armeniomanuel