[GUIDE] How to root, un-root and rom your Droid Incredible.

Lee_Bo

Apr 4, 2010
Visit site
It's awesome, right?

It's different, I'll give it that much. Haven't really pounded on it yet, so I'm refraining from calling it "awesome" just yet. Still working on my "like/dislike" list. One huge dislike so far, but I'm searching for it before I ask.

Lee_Bo

Apr 4, 2010
Visit site
Ah, found it. I want to set different ring tones for certain contacts:

1) Click desired contact
2) Menu -> Options
3) Click Ringtone
4) Select desired ring tone

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I like it alot. I've only had the incredible for about 3.5 months, and i only started to flash roms 1-2 months ago, but before cm7 the only rom i stayed on for more than 2-3 days was athena 1.2

And cm7 is packed with features and minimal at the same time. Which is right up my alley.

zts1000

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
Thank you!!

I am completely new to this, so I was hesitant to root at first but ultimately decided to do so in order to gain access to Wireless Tether. There were moments where I panicked and got terribly nervous, but I just sat back and watched. In the end, it was quick, painless, and worked! Thank you so much for the incredibly clear, straight-forward guide! :D

Brett

Retired Moderator
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
Did uninstall the HTC drivers and then then install the ones listed in the guide to allow your device to be recognized?

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

tjl87

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
Did uninstall the HTC drivers and then then install the ones listed in the guide to allow your device to be recognized?

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

I installed all the ones that were linked to in the guide. Which ones am I supposed to uninstall. I know I don't have HTC Sync is there something else I'm missing?

IanXXX8325

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys so I'm a noob and any help would be greatly appreciated.

So i rooted my Dinc yesterday with no problems using your guidelines and have been trying to flash CM RC2. I used Rom manager and when it installs I get stuck at a screen with the logo that has an arrow circling around it. I then have to do a battery pull and restore my stock rom. I have done this about a half dozen times. Any ideas?

Also....I flashed a rom called fusion ice and it worked fine but there is no link for the market and it won't let me sync contacts with google. I used the browser to go to the market and dl titanium backup(where I saved all my apps of course) and I installed it but the app was nowhere to be found on my phone. I'm back on my stock rom for now but if this happens with another rom is there something I can do? I installed this rom twice once with ROM manager and once with Clockwork Recovery.

Once last thing. When I hook my phone to my PC(using windows) I have two SD card files. One is removable storage G (FAT 32) and the other is rem st H (FAT). What's the difference and which one do I want to be my saving my files to?

Sorry for all the questions guys. I tried to figure things out on my own and it just wasn't working.

tjl87

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site

So i rooted my Dinc yesterday with no problems using your guidelines and have been trying to flash CM RC2. I used Rom manager and when it installs I get stuck at a screen with the logo that has an arrow circling around it. I then have to do a battery pull and restore my stock rom. I have done this about a half dozen times. Any ideas?

Also....I flashed a rom called fusion ice and it worked fine but there is no link for the market and it won't let me sync contacts with google. I used the browser to go to the market and dl titanium backup(where I saved all my apps of course) and I installed it but the app was nowhere to be found on my phone. I'm back on my stock rom for now but if this happens with another rom is there something I can do? I installed this rom twice once with ROM manager and once with Clockwork Recovery.

Once last thing. When I hook my phone to my PC(using windows) I have two SD card files. One is removable storage G (FAT 32) and the other is rem st H (FAT). What's the difference and which one do I want to be my saving my files to?

Sorry for all the questions guys. I tried to figure things out on my own and it just wasn't working.

Did you have problems rooting your phone? Like I said I'm stuck with unrEVOked not recognizing my Dinc. Hopefully someone else had this problem and was able to work around it.

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site

Your sd card might be partitioned? im not sure. if you don't have anhyting important on your sd card, or you back up the files you need, you could reformat the card for fat32.

to install rc2 you should boot your phone into recover mode, wipe the cache partition, dalvik cash, (and a data wipe if coming from a rom that's not cm7), then choose to install zip from sd card, find the file in rom manager sdcard/clockworkmod/downloads/ (i think), and flash the zip file. you probably also downloaded gapps thru rom manager? so that file should be in that same folder and you can flash that after you flash rc2.

then reboot the phone and let the cm logo go through it's thing for at least 5 or 10 minutes (bc it takes a while) and you should be straight.

Zak8022

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site

I had just about the same problem when i was installing CM7 RC1 using Rom Manager. When I dl'd CM7 manually and put it on my SD, installed from THAT zip file, everything went fine and i booted like normal into the new CM7 rom.

So, try downloading it manually. Personally it wasn't a good 1st experience with Rom Manager for me, so i think i'll stear clear of it.

Edit: To answer your Q about the two SD cards showing up on your computer, check the sizes to see which one is the real SD card, and which one is just the internal storage. You want to be saving your files to the real SD card.

IanXXX8325

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Thank you so much for the help guys. I didn't realize that I had to flash the google apps after flashing the ROM. I tried downloading CM7 RC2 again but instead of doing it through ROM manager I did it through cw recovery but used the file that was saved on ROM manager and it worked perfectly. Only bad thing was my contacts weren't synced to my GMail acct(except for one I added last week) so I have to manually input all my numbers again. Love having root and custom ROM's so far!

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
I need help! When I download unrevoked 3(on my linux computer,) I cant open unrevoked:'(. Any suggestions?

My understanding is that you need to start unrevoked from terminal as root, then it should work.

I have not done it myself on linux, but this is my understanding. Others who have done a linux unrevoked may be able to help if this does not work.

Good Luck!

Reactions: jelly roll

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2