Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Global Posts
    4,265 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM-7

Default Re: [GUIDE] How to root, un-root and rom your Droid Incredible.

After removing HTC Sync, did you load the HBOOT Drivers?

Also are you on Froyo (2.2) or Gingerbread (2.3)? Unrevoked will not work on Gingerbread yet.
    Some say that his dormant chips were left that way for YOUR SAFETY... Others say that once "turned on," he can not be turned off... All we know is... He's called The Stig.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    37 Global Posts

Thank you Stig.
    Quote Originally Posted by PvilleComp View Post
    After removing HTC Sync, did you load the HBOOT Drivers?
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by PvilleComp View Post
    Also are you on Froyo (2.2) or Gingerbread (2.3)? Unrevoked will not work on Gingerbread yet.
    I have 2.3.4 ! Opps! That is why I'm rooting, that update causes my apps to fail, My calendar & other apps R≠ Syncing ☹. Tried to root, no ❥. I may have to factory reset, bummer. Don't want to upgrade early .

So, how can I root, since I have Gingerbread OS now? Guess I'll have to Google and read lots more, like I have nothing better to do.
    SparksGuy
    I! I! Cthulhu fhtagn!
    GEEK CODE BLOCK available on request.

For those of you trying to root your 2.3.4 and you don't have S-off

This takes you through downgrading to 2.2, and then going through the standard root/rom procedure. I'm making the disclaimer here that THIS IS NOT A NICE SIMPLE/AUTOMATED PROCEDURE. DO NOT DO IT IF YOU'RE UNFAMILIAR WITH COMMAND-LINE COMPUTING. However, if you're like me, and Gingerbread crapped your phone up royally, this is a great way to get full functionality back to your device. Worked for me, at least.
    Thanked by 2:

New user/forum reader.

I have the Incredible (since May 2010). How will we know when this works for 2.3? Plus, the baseband is 2.15.10.07.07.
    Thanks.

sigh, should have rooted before 2.3.4... now GB is giving me hell with all the random reboots...
    should I wait for a new version of unrevoked or try the 3.22 unrevoked downgrade s-off method my first time out rooting?

when i try to download unrevoked3 all i get is web page can not be found any suggestions i have a droid incredible

Global Posts
    4,265 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM-7

I have not done that method, but I looked at it, it should work.
    Some say that his dormant chips were left that way for YOUR SAFETY... Others say that once "turned on," he can not be turned off... All we know is... He's called The Stig.

i have tried to download unrevoked3 from the link on this site and from the unrevoked website and all i get is web page could not be found.......anybody know anywhere else to get unrevoked3 from i have a driod incredible

I am desperate for some noob help. I had successfully rooted my DINC and ran cyanognemod 7 a few months ago. Sometime in August, I updated my rom to the cm7 nightlies using rom manager. Now my phone has been force closing like crazy and I want to update to the latest nightly but I am having trouble getting into clockwork recovery(or cant remember how to). I reread the OP but still cannot get there. I can reboot into the h-boot screen that shows fastboot, recovery, clear storage, and simlock. When I click recovery, it does not take me to the black screen with green writing. Also, when trying to update clockwork recovery in rom manager, I get a force close when clicking "Incredible." What am I doing wrong? Sorry for the noobness -_____-

ROM
    Liquid 1.4, AOKP

Quote Originally Posted by ketchupfreak View Post
    I am desperate for some noob help. I had successfully rooted my DINC and ran cyanognemod 7 a few months ago. Sometime in August, I updated my rom to the cm7 nightlies using rom manager. Now my phone has been force closing like crazy and I want to update to the latest nightly but I am having trouble getting into clockwork recovery(or cant remember how to). I reread the OP but still cannot get there. I can reboot into the h-boot screen that shows fastboot, recovery, clear storage, and simlock. When I click recovery, it does not take me to the black screen with green writing. Also, when trying to update clockwork recovery in rom manager, I get a force close when clicking "Incredible." What am I doing wrong? Sorry for the noobness -_____-
    OK, not sure how much help I can be, because I've forgotten how I got out of this mess, but I'll try.

1) I would not use ROM manager to actually flash the ROM and to get into recovery. I did in the beginning and that eventually got me in trouble. I also would make sure you roll back to the 3.0.08 version of Clockwork Mod. I updated to version 5 and that's where my problems started. I rolled back and haven't had a problem since. I read somewhere that version 5 has some issues with the DInc.

2) When you try and get into recovery, does it automatically reboot for you and get stuck on the white boot screen? After a CM 7 nightly download my first time back in September, I got stuck in the white HTC Incredible screen and couldn't do anything. No matter how I tried to get into recovery, it didn't work. What finally got me out of it was getting instructions from PVilleComp (possibly a few pages back) about how to 'unroot my Incredible' and then going back and doing unrevoked3 again. Haven't had a problem since.

If I think of anything else, I'll respond again. Good luck!

Global Posts
    4,265 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM-7

Quote Originally Posted by ketchupfreak View Post
    Use ROM Manager to update to the latest version of Clockwork 5.0.2.0, you will have to go into Menu -> Settings and select Erase Recovery first.

Then, boot into Recovery. If you are on CM7 you can do this by either holding down the Power button and then select Reboot and Reboot into recovery, or by turning off the phone completely and Starting it by holding down the power and Vol Down buttons at the same time.

Once in Recovery, erase your Cache and under Advanced erase Dalvik Cache. This is most likely the case of your FC's. While you are in Clockwork you might as well run Fix Permissions under Advanced as well. It won't hurt and can only help.

Hope this helps.
    Thanked by:

Droid incredible v.1 *not 2

ok so I just got the Gingerbread update .... one thing about 2.2 I could use z4 root but now I cant... any on phone apps I can use to root/unroot or temporarily root this phone now?
    Android version is 2.3.4
    baseband 2.15.10.07.07

I'd prefer to stay away from any PC related root methods but if I must I must. Its not like I havent before I just rather be able to do it on the fly and usually I only root to use wireless tether so I can hook up my computers when needed and on the go without worrying about data and the extra fee with hotspot

Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by willieed803 View Post
    i have tried to download unrevoked3 from the link on this site and from the unrevoked website and all i get is web page could not be found.......anybody know anywhere else to get unrevoked3 from i have a driod incredible
    unrevoked.com

Google is your friend.

Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

nevermind.
    Last edited by Flur; 11-17-2011 at 07:35 PM.

i went in to root the wifes dinc and she has had a few upgrades she did and i am having trouble with unrevoked 3 it keeps giving and error! is there anything different i can do to hack her phone? thanks a lot.

ROM
    NuSense 7.2

There is another thread about this. Have to do a few extra steps now since the updates. I'm not near a computer to remember the files needed, I do remember you need to run unrevoked 3.22 to gain temp root. Do some searching it will show up.

Sent from my infected thunderbolt.

Global Posts
    4,265 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM-7

Unrevoked will not work on Gingerbread yet.

You can try the steps outlined here:
    Rooting 2.3.4

Thanks to Flur for the find.

Hello. First off I am a complete noob to rooting. Having said that I've read this thread 3 times now and I think I'm ready to give it a try.
    My Inc is running 2.3.4 and I have also read the 2.3.4 thread at AndroidForums but I'm having a hard time understanding some of the terminology.

Is anyone aware of another set of instructions regarding how to downgrade from 2.3.4 in order to root via the great instructions in this thread? I have been searching...

Thank you.

Okay, my phone has been rooted for a few weeks now and I never found a ROM I wanted. At the beginning, I flashed a CM7 ROM and that worked okay but I just restored back to by the end of the day. Now I haven't touched my rooting stuff since. But a few days ago, I found a ROM I wanted. I went to make a back up but it wouldn't let me. It went to the screen that says "FAST BOOT BOOTLOADER REBOOT REBOOTBOOTLOADER POWER DOWN". I can't get to the Recovery (black screen/green lettering) screen at all for some reason. Any suggestions?

Super noob here. Any thing yet on how to get this stupid DINC rooted if you have 2.3.4.

This is my HROOT screen.
    s-on
    Hboot-092.000
    Microp-0417
    Radio -2.15.10.07.07

Jul 23 2010 18:06:51

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

This site is awesome!

Wink Re: [GUIDE] How to root, un-root and rom your Droid Incredible.

I am guessing this post is a dead horse? No recent replies, not even a "read the previous post" or nothing? Just wanting to gain wifi with the incredible and not let V3r1z0n in on my progress. I'll keep searching till I find some help or what im looking for.

Global Posts
    280 Global Posts

Look at the link posted 5 posts up for the information you seek (post #192).

After reading that post several hundred times, I was leaving out 1 important step. Was not clicking "file" and changing to custom. In process now. This just might work.
    Last edited by bam41; 12-19-2011 at 12:17 AM.

Rooted and back to 2.2 and S-off. I need to pay better attention to detail.Thanks for this site!

Hello,
    This is my first time trying to root a my phone, and i'm not having any luck. Im pretty sure i have followed all the instructions, the unrEVOKED recovery reflash tool picks up my DIc and tries to work but then says "Failed to push recovery. terminating". Not sure what im doing wrong... Any advice?
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast